1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truxedo low pro with dirt bike in back?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Guess2010, May 25, 2010.

1. May 25, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    Guess2010

Guess2010 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    DAVE
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd tacoma double cab
    Just a few dont tell the wife!!!
    Ok so i bought a new 2010 speed way blue tacoma TRD and i must say im loving it.
    So im in the market for a tonneau cover have been looking at the truxedo low pro
    Was woundering how well this cover works when hauling a dirt bike in the back.
    Any pics would be be sweet

2. May 25, 2010 at 6:07 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
  3. May 25, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    I got the SNUGTOP SL...I LOVE IT...:p

its color matched from factory and has a lifetime warranty on its hardware and paint. standard features are carpeted underlay, single key entry with trunk locking mechanism (1 on each side of tonneau covers), water tight seal.

another awesome feature that you can get is keyless entry, automatic open/close, gear mate (which helps you organize tools and what not on your tonneau covers back side, and a yakima rack whether for bikes, snowboards, skis, kayaks etc on the top of the tonneau cover...

reason I like mines so much is things like water and snow don't bother this tonneau cover. no water gets inside while if there is snow sitting on the tonneau cover the shocks will be cold and can't hold the weight but at least you can open up the tonneau cover and access your bed...with other tonneau covers like pace edwards full metal jacket I noticed on my friends truck that when it snowed you would need to pour hot water all over the locking mechanism and tracks to allow the tonneau cover to retract/open and close. plastic tonneau covers from what i saw couldn't hold the weight of snow and would collapse or bend in a way where you couldn't get the sink hole/bend out of the tonneau cover...

maybe i'm a little biased...but I wouldn't choose any other 1...

click for link -> Snug Top SL

4. Jun 5, 2010 at 6:50 PM
    AbqTRD2010

AbqTRD2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DblCab Long Bed Sport
    TRD FJ TeamTrail Blk Rims| BFG AT KO 265/75/16| TRD Cat-back Exhaust | TRD CAI | UNICHIP Installed| 5100 Billies @ 1.75 | Rear Leaft TSB & 1" Block| Grillcraft Satoshi Grill | Exclusive Element Light Bar w/ Hella 500FF | Aftermarket Black Headlights & Black LED Tail Lights| Preimium Hook Struts | SungTop LS Tonneau Cover |Black OEM Running Boards | Window Tint @ 20%| Blacked Out Emblems| Shortened Antenna | Flyzeye LED Interior Accent Lighting

T0LLPHR33: I am a huge fan of the SnugTop as well. I had one on my S-10 and it fit perfectly. I just got one installed on my 2010 Tacoma DC LongBed, it looks great on there. However, There is a gab (about .5 inch) between the back of the tail gate as well as between the top of the tailgate and the lid. I did not expect to have this gap. I can barely wrap my finger in between and around the tailgate. my concern with this is water being able to get in.

Do you have a similar gap on your sungtop SL? Was your plastic caps on the bed removed prior to the install of the Sungtop or were they left on? I'm thinking if the plastic caps were taken off of the bed of the truck, the lid would fit more flush with the curve of the top of the tailgate and not have this gap.

Products Discussed in

To Top