1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying To Be Realistic

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by A_Ninja_Racer, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Jun 1, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    Ok guys so In a few months I will be coming up on a year of owning my truck, I have about 13k on her and I'm trying to force myself into the realization that she is not a new truck anymore. Now I baught my 08 Tacoma used with 1,500 on her and because I got it used from my local Toyota Dealership I got there toyota cirtified used car warranty for 7 years 100k. I thought that was a better deal then buying new at the time and still feel pretty secure that for the most part if anything breaks down on her in the near future it will be covered. But I want to know what repairs you've had to do to your V6 PreRunners and what mileage they broke down at or even what wear items you had to replace that might not be covered under the waranty like belts or breaks. I know these are great trucks but somethings were just made to Fail. I used to work for a nissan dealership a few years back and I can't tell you how many window regulators I Sold for the Frontiers! So lay it on me guys. Iwant to know what I can expect.

2. Jun 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    24,000 miles. No repairs. That's practically brand new for a Toyota, though.

And don't get me started on my '05 Altima 3.5SE. Great engine in a garbage package.

3. Jun 1, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    33K and no major repairs (except the TSB rear spring). other than that, it's just been routine maintenance stuff.

4. Jun 1, 2009 at 6:54 PM
    Odin

Odin Carolina Alliance: USMC Detachment

Member:
    Valdosta Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport Quadcab LB 4x4
    K&N Air filter...yeah I know not much.
    55000 miles and no repairs at all. Got new tires on today, alittle bigger than stock, totally a better ride than the stock rides. Not even had the TSB suspension done. Past warranty now though...

To Top