1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to determine value of truck...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by XDRoX, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Aug 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM
    XDRoX

XDRoX [OP] New Member

Member:
    So here's the story. In late '02 someone rear ended my '94 toyota pickup. The insurance offered me $2800 or $2400 and I could keep the car. I took the $2400 and kept the car and I kept driving it. And I'm still drivng it. It still drives fine.

With the $2400 I went and bought a new '03 Tacoma. Since I bought it it's pretty much just sat in my garage since I still drive the old one. Plus we have other cars.

So, the truck still appears to be brand new. Not a dent or a scratch on it. Original everything included the tires. I tried to drive it about once a month just so it didn't sit and rot. It has 21k miles. The only maintenance is I've changed the oil once a year (Mobil 1).

So now I want to sell it.
    So what say you guys? Is it only worth the $6000 blue book value or would it be worth more to a Tacoma enthusiast because of the condition and low miles?

Thanks for reading and your opinion.

Here's a picture of it. I washed it today.

[​IMG]

2. Aug 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM
    NegroTundra

NegroTundra Well-Known Member

Member:
    Land of Enchantment
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD 4WD 5 spd
    Even with everything you've stated about it I dont see it going for much more than $6k. Fact is it is still a 8 year old truck that doesnt have the appeal that the TRD prerunners or 4wd's have. But start high and see how it goes!

3. Aug 28, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    I generally go by the NADA values (it's what both Toyota dealerships I've sold cars at have used to appraise trades), and for a 2003 Tacoma Base 4cyl 5spd w/21,000mi, the Clean Trade-In Value is $7,400.

If you are looking to sell it privately, I would list it at $8,500 and go from there.

Depending on where you are located, you could see disparate pricing from what I posted above. I used my area (Orlando/32801) to get the numbers I listed.

The worst people will say is no, and from the sound of it, you have time on your hands...keep that sucker parked out by the street, list it in all of the free ads locally, Craigslist, eBay, etc. until you get an offer that is in your window.

Good luck!

Fink

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Aug 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    XDRoX

XDRoX [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks guys. This is just what I wanted to know.

5. Aug 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Be sure to let us know what you end up doing! :D

Fink

Products Discussed in

To Top