1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to Enjoy the Day...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gavonder, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Aug 21, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    gavonder

gavonder [OP] She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    Where?

GA

2. Sep 14, 2008 at 8:06 AM
    gavonder

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    I finally got the hood replaced, but there is an issue ( isn't there always?).
    I paid for it on Friday, without seeing it, because I had to have it for Saturday morning. I then picked it up after hours on Friday.

I know now this was a mistake. The hood was definitely replaced, and it is a Toyota part (I see the Toyota markings). It is not a good fit. The driver's side is almost 5/16" from the fender, but the passenger's side is about 1/8".

It seems it could just be adjusted to even out the gaps, BUT across the front, it lines up perfectly with the shape of the grill now. If it is adjusted, I don't think it will line up across the front.

Any suggestions?

So, would someone please measure their hood fit to the fenders and post the info? I would like to know what it should be before I go back to them tomorrow.

Thanks,

GA

3. Sep 14, 2008 at 8:29 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Just went out and took this pic. I have an 07. Couldn't get the front fit because I have a Bug Shield.
    DSC02143_a3466f47896ce24af6f233f7e40b97b6062ebf88.jpg
    hope this helps.

4. Sep 14, 2008 at 8:40 AM
    gavonder

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Thank you very much! I think it would even out. I'm just worried about the front lining up with the grill.

Ga

5. Sep 14, 2008 at 8:50 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    You could cover the front with a bug flector. I know many don't like them but if you live here in Louisiana where our state bird is the Mosquito you would believe in them.

I however would try to get it done right by whom ever put it on, I mean you and your insurance paid for it.

6. Sep 14, 2008 at 8:55 AM
    poleman72

poleman72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner
    You know I never could understand the physics behind a "bug deflector". It looks like it is just for style. How does the bug deflector stop bugs from splatting on the windshield by just sitting in the front of the hood?

7. Sep 14, 2008 at 9:24 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    HEY! Tacomaman06 has the correct answer here!! That city is supposed to maintain a clearance of branches to a certain safe tolerance over that road! That cop was covering ass!:mad: how easy it is to make you eat the cost-shame on them!!! I would get hold of that branch in question if still possible and BRING it to the highway mtc. dept. and TELL them they owe you a new hood! An act of God is if a strong gust of wind broke that branch-NOT a truck!

8. Sep 14, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    it creates an upward wind flow at highway speeds that causes said lite lil bugs to be forced up and away from the windshield area:) again-this is only effective probably 40MPH and up.

9. Sep 14, 2008 at 10:00 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Dry ice it dude. Hopefully that would take care of it, is worth a try IMHO.

10. Sep 14, 2008 at 10:09 AM
    gavonder

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    I did try the dry ice method - a complete waste of time and money. I even tried it on much smaller dents and on my wife's car. Waste of time!!

I didn't know exactly what to do when it happened, so I don't know the exact tree it came from and I have no info on the truck. There is no way to prove it.

Had I been thinking, I would have asked the car behind me to stop and be a witness. She saw it and did slow down as she passed. However, at that time I didn't know it hit the hood, I thought it just hit the windshield.

GA

11. Sep 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....

+1 on this, i think you can sell that hood very well its not that damaged

It could have been worst glad it landed on the hood instead of the windshield....

12. Sep 14, 2008 at 10:33 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    It allows me to keep some of our cheap ass paint on the hood, dosen't do a damn thing for the windshield.

Products Discussed in

To Top