1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to Get an Idea

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 10.21, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Feb 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM

10.21 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dillon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black V6 Sport
    BHLM, Satoshi, Remove Mud Flaps, Debadge.
    Even before I got my truck I've had an idea set in my mind of what I wanted done with it. 6" lift, 33" tires, 17" rims, tiregate, full tint, truck completely blacked out, LED headlights, skid bars, etc. My only rpoblem right now is the front of the truck...aside from the headlights I have so many ideas and then I come onto here and check out your guys' rides and it just strays me off into another idea.

I concluded that it all boils down to how and where I run my lights. I like the stock bumper and was thinking of just throwing a small light bar on it with (3) lights, then changing out the grill with a mesh-like / horizontal grill and throwing (2) more lights into that. I recently saw someones picture (can't remember who) and he had a thick ARB-type bumper with the lights in the grill set-up and I really liked that...So, I'm just at a crossroads. If you guys have pictures, throw them on here (and yes I have searched the Gallery a thousand times...just hard to pin-point that one look though), let me know how hard or easy the installation was, why you went with that look and so on.

2. Feb 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    yosh2000

yosh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    LED headlights huh...thats going to be a tuff job!

3. Feb 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Member:
    First Name:
    Dillon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black V6 Sport
    What? Did I say it wrong. I'm not mechanically inclined so if I fucked it up, please make the correction.

4. Feb 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    yosh2000

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    you use HID (high intensity discharge) headlight setups, not LED (light emiting diode).

sorry, just playing around w/ you. some new lexus vehicles have LED headlights, but just because of their nature, it is very hard to use them as headlights. they dont have enough "throw"

on a serious note, make sure you know what your doing w/ the HID setup. just dont go get one of those crappy PNP kits adn look dark blue and think your good. you'll blind a lot of people and look like a dufus!! check out my sig for my retrofit thread, that is the proper way to do HIDs.

5. Feb 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Member:
    First Name:
    Dillon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black V6 Sport
    I appreciate it and honestly have been turning my back toward the new headlights all together. I've always hated being blinded by those lights to and could honestly not really care for the actual light being projected out...I just liked that the whole casing of the light was black. I'm trying to completely black out my truck, so if you have any ideas on what to purchase, HID, LED, regular, etc. let me know...like I said the projection doesn't matter, just as long as I can see at night and during the day it's all black.

To wolfpack, I have to say that your truck ran tears through my eyes. It was beautiful. I think I may be leaning toward the winch bumper set-up and just throwing the lights into the grill. How was the installation of the snorkle? I'm kind of scared to cut into my truck like that. Also liked the picks of the camper in tow. Gives me a good idea of what my truck can tow, so now I'm not afraid to completely cover up my bed with jacks, shovels, tool boxes, etc. I'll just buy a trailer.

Now for the hard part. Consulting the wife.

6. Feb 25, 2010 at 8:50 PM
    yosh2000

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    '17 Tundra CM 5.7
    if you want and all black look...check out rhino's retro. there was also a guy named ross33 or something that did an all black TL retro. there is also another guy that just posted in some recent HID thread that did an all black retro. there are pics out there, just search the retro threads..

i also highly suggest you DO NOT get those projector headlights just because they are all blacked out. i can almost guarantee they will leak on you and the plastic lense is very cheap, it will yellow and get messed up very easy..

7. Feb 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Member:
    First Name:
    Dillon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black V6 Sport
    Alright. Well I appreciate it yosh. I was going to shop around but one of the big things was the look. So, I'll look around on the forum and make my decision from there. Silverback and wolfpack, I appreciate the motivation and ideas. Can't wait until that bonus hits so I can blow it all on my truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top