1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to join Coast Guard, have question

Discussion in 'Military' started by kirkofwimbo, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Sep 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    I'm in the process of applying for the Coast Guard. A couple years ago I was arrested for misdemeanor charges, and was supposed to have that expunged off of my record. When I went to my lawyer for the papers to prove that, he says that the expungement never happened, and it may take up to 6 months. Does anybody know if there is a way around this? Some type of letter from a lawyer or judge that I am in the process of getting it expunged? Any help would be appreciated. :eek:

2. Sep 26, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    It'll be tough to get in with ANYTHING in your past these days.

3. Sep 26, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    06sr5prerunner

06sr5prerunner DILIGAF

Member:
    First Name:
    luis
    midland tx
    Vehicle:
    2006 sr5 prerunner
    bhlm paint wheels duplicolor plasti dip white grill. billies 5100. bf goodrich at 285's 75 16 black valence led corner lights expedition bed rack by anb fabrication spidertrax wheel spacers rotopax fuel tanks 4gal mounted on bed rack quickfist mounts for shovel. ddm hid kit 35watt 6000k hi/low beam
    when you get something spunged it will come off most background checks however a federal goverment check will show everything from any kind of deffered or "spunged" dispositions.

i know they say that it wont show up and all that but trust me when i say they will know. and they will prob cx you. :/

4. Sep 26, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    kirkofwimbo

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    Dang, not exactly what I wanted to hear :( They seemed pretty concerned with my ACL surgery as well

5. Sep 26, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    kirkofwimbo

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    I've already told them about it, so I'm not trying to hide it. The recruiter didn't say it would automatically disqualify me, but it sounds like it might.

6. Sep 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    06sr5prerunner

06sr5prerunner DILIGAF

Member:
    First Name:
    luis
    midland tx
    Vehicle:
    2006 sr5 prerunner
    bhlm paint wheels duplicolor plasti dip white grill. billies 5100. bf goodrich at 285's 75 16 black valence led corner lights expedition bed rack by anb fabrication spidertrax wheel spacers rotopax fuel tanks 4gal mounted on bed rack quickfist mounts for shovel. ddm hid kit 35watt 6000k hi/low beam
    it does not cancel you out but it depends what it is though. if its a misdemeanor you should be ok but anything else just go army strong :b

7. Sep 26, 2012 at 6:20 PM
    757 Taco

757 Taco StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCLB TRD Sport Premium 4x4 Ice Cap
    - Digital Fit WeatherTechs - Recovery Hitch Shackle - LED Map Lights - LED License Plate Bulbs - TRD License Plate Brackets - Front Recovery Shackle - Toyota Bed Mat -OEM Mudflaps -OEM Black emblem overlays - Removed front air dam - Goodyear Duratracs 265/75/16 - TRD Pro wheels
    I just enlisted in the cg and my ship date is November 20. Honestly, it is extremely hard to get in right now. They're going to look for anything and everything to push you to the side. At my recruiting station, they're taking 34 recruits for October 2012 to October 2013. This station covers all of SE Virginia and NE North Carolina. And not to brag, I did very well on my ASVAB and just graduated from HS with honors. Not saying you have no chance just that its very competitive. Also there going to ask you about your past several times including in your security clearance. Hope this helps man, Best of luck man!

8. Sep 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    kirkofwimbo

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    Congrats Tyler! I've taken the ASVAB for the Air Force and did really well, then decided I didn't want to join. I've since graduated from college and the job hunt isn't going so well, which is why I decided to try and join. Thanks for the comments guys :thumbsup:

9. Sep 26, 2012 at 6:25 PM
    757 Taco

757 Taco StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Vehicle:
    2022 DCLB TRD Sport Premium 4x4 Ice Cap
    - Digital Fit WeatherTechs - Recovery Hitch Shackle - LED Map Lights - LED License Plate Bulbs - TRD License Plate Brackets - Front Recovery Shackle - Toyota Bed Mat -OEM Mudflaps -OEM Black emblem overlays - Removed front air dam - Goodyear Duratracs 265/75/16 - TRD Pro wheels
    No problem man, keep us updated!

Products Discussed in

To Top