1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trying to quit smoking? Here's an alternative...

Discussion in 'Health' started by rbeezy, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Oct 5, 2011 at 8:49 AM
    enigma429ad

enigma429ad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Olive Branch, MS
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC LB
    Yes! only has 3/4 ingredients compared to the 4k chemicals in a regular cig. The nicotine isn't the one that causes the cancer and isn't that harmful. It can be about the same harm as caffeine to the body. the other ingredients is Propylene Glycol and or Vegetable Glycerin which is used in just about everything. It acts as the binding agent to vapor the nicotine, the same as what it does in an asthma inhaler. The rest is just flavoring.

2. Oct 5, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    wmdpowell

wmdpowell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Essex county NY
    Vehicle:
    23 trd OR DCSB 4x4 silver
    a cross on my rearview Circle mirror Scotch guard seats
    Who knew tacoma world would be a support grp

3. Oct 5, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    I smoked for 14 years. I quit on December 7th 2009. I used the gum for the first two weeks then just stoped. And at the same time I stoped all things that reminded me of smokeing. Like Soda/coffee but that was too hard I still have coffee.

I found the hardest things were the after meal smokes. The important things is to keep your self busy and not to think about it. It is hard and its still hard.

Good luck

4. Oct 5, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    I was a 2 pack a day smoker and quit 8 years ago using a big ol bag of hard candy and will power. You have to want to quit or it will never happen. I do smoke the occasional cigar still:D

5. Oct 5, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    DblCabMN

DblCabMN Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Bilstein 5100's all around - Toytec/Eibach 112-620 Coils, Wheelers 5-Pack+Wheelers 2"AAL. 33x10.5x15 KM2s - Siped on Summit Racing 84-5883 rims with 3.750 BS. 4.88s. Demello HD round sliders. Home built full skids. Home built front bumper. Plasti'd badges. Energy Susp. steering rack bushings. Sway bar delete. Deck plate mod. aFe Pro-Dry. Gibson exhaust.
    I spoke to a pal of mine that lives in NY and has been vaping for about a year and a half. He's a total nerd-o on things he's passionate about (re: Vaping) and researches and try's new ways of doing things until he's satisfied so i do trust his opinion.

I asked about the 510 series "Titan Tank" E's (and the TECC 510 series in general) - my wants are a cig style unit with a great throat hit and good quality build. I used to smoke 10-15 cigs/day now i'm down to a couple/day but will burn 5-10 when i drink, which is 2-3 times a week.

This is what he has to say:

I would say definitely definitely stay away from that. Tanks are pretty much widely hailed as a shitty hassle that really doesn't work out so well.

I can definitely hook you up with everything you need (for just a squinge over $50) and that gives, what I believe, to be the best experience. Just a question: that one is pretty small, very cig-ish, is that what you're looking for? Maybe we should do a phone call sometime!

I could write a huuuuuuuuge novel on exactly WHY this is your best bet but I'll just throw you the link:

smokelessimage.com

You'd be looking at getting the Volt, this is what is known as one of the "next-generation" KR-808's (or just 808 they're often called). Other retailers selling the exact same product made at the same chinese factory are also: Bloog MaxxFusion and Halo G6.

The Volt is priced the best and has fucking awesome CS if you ever need a return or anything. My only caveat is that I personally prefer to fill my own carts (or cartomizers, a combination of a cartridge and atomizer in one), and I don't use the Volt juices, I use 3rd party juice-vendors juices (Smokeless Image is a hardware vendor, not a juice vendor, so they sell generic tobacco juices that lots of people LOVE, but I don't).

If you're interested in filling up your own stuff I could send you juices and blank cartomizers that will work on your Volt and you could get a Smokeless Image pre-filled sample pack to see if you like any of their flavors.

Agh gotta go back to work, already wrote way more than I thought I would!

So on his reccomendation, i ordered the Volt today - i'll try to remember to post in this thread once it arrives.

Also, use this code for 15% off @the site above: ECR69
    I got the pro starter kit for $55 w/free shipping

*I am not affiliated in anyway with smokelessimage.com or any manufacturer, just sharing the info i know hoping it helps someone.

6. Oct 5, 2011 at 11:49 AM
    rbeezy

rbeezy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    theres different nicotine strengths, which is good. it goes from 0mg (which is like smoking an ultra-ultra light) to 36mg (which is like smoking a Newport w/o the filter). so depending on the smoker, you can choose the strength and its all up to you....

yes. no tobacco and less toxic chemicals that are found in a normal cig

7. Oct 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    DblCabMN

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Bilstein 5100's all around - Toytec/Eibach 112-620 Coils, Wheelers 5-Pack+Wheelers 2"AAL. 33x10.5x15 KM2s - Siped on Summit Racing 84-5883 rims with 3.750 BS. 4.88s. Demello HD round sliders. Home built full skids. Home built front bumper. Plasti'd badges. Energy Susp. steering rack bushings. Sway bar delete. Deck plate mod. aFe Pro-Dry. Gibson exhaust.

In many states the FSC crap is what finally made me roll my own and cut down.

the copper after taste and lung butter caused by smoking carpet glue was a major factor...

8. Oct 5, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    enigma429ad

enigma429ad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Olive Branch, MS
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DC LB
    also for TH it's going to depend on your nic strength and even some juice flavors. When I started with Atomic Cinnacide from tastyvapor i think it was 24mg or 36, but I had friends that still smoke try it and it knocked them on their ass. They tried to claim it was all because of my silver bullet and will no longer try any of my flavors. But they did also come around and are now vaping the Atomic Cinnacide as well.

There are tons of stuff to personalize to get what works for you, different voltages, different atomizer resistances, different atomizers, dripping, dipping, tanks, cartos, automatic feed systems, battery mods, variable voltage mods, goes on and on.

9. Oct 5, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    rbeezy

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    It's all personal preference. Personally I wouldn't buy anything from that website (smokeless image). I've used drip kits before and I think they're too much of a hassle, which is what the volt is. It doesnt hold too much fluid so for heavy vapors thats not a good thing. Second, the volt has a small battery which means you'll have to charge more often.

10. Oct 6, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    DblCabMN

Member:
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    03 DC TRD/LTD
    Yeah, if i were heavy i wouldn't have stuck with the cig style, but my aim is to be as light as possible, here and there type - so smaller capacity and relatively short battery life ought to work fine for me. (plus, if i end up vaping much at work, i may get a pass through...) And this kit fits my style. Hope it works out.

Beezy, do you have a cig/slim style you prefer over the Volt (808's)?

11. Oct 6, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    rbeezy

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma SR5
    no sorry. i've never had any luck with cig style e-cigs. since im a heavy vaporer, i kill the batteries quick and i can never find replacement batteries...

Products Discussed in

To Top