1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB 07' Tacoma Rear Leaf Springs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mclough1, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Feb 15, 2008 at 8:52 PM
    marvin02

marvin02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '07 Access Cab SR5 - Black
    Top Dawg Folding Tonneau Cover, DIY Bed Light, Aux. Input for MP3 Player, OEM Bed Mat
    I carry 300-500 lbs. in my '07 access cab every day without any problems. Because of the issues other Tacoma owners have had and the leaf spring TSB I have checked the height if the truck and with a 500 lb load it sits 1 1/2 inches lower at the rear wheel wells and 1 /34 inches lower at the center of the rear bumper. The front is 3/4 of an inch higher at the center of the front bumper.

Your situation does not sound normal, have you tried to set up an appointment with a regional rep?.

I would suggest that you move your ballast to the front of the bed and see if it improves the handling and ride.

2. Feb 16, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Can you improve the handling by letting out some of the ballast?

3. Feb 16, 2008 at 12:48 PM
    GTiVR6r

GTiVR6r Big Cat Chew Toy

Member:
    Carpentersville, IL
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Access Cab 2.7L Impulse Red
    I had actually started this process last night.

Took it for a ride this morning to the gym. :)

I moved about 75% of the balast to just in front of the rear wheel wells and up against the bed wall of the cab. I left the other 25% over the axel but towards the front.

Basically I shifted the balast towards the front by 12"-14".

The handeling is much more nurtal now, bouncing is almost completely gone. I'm not sure how this has effected my snow and ice handeling yet, more snow coming sunday so I'll find out.

I still maintain, the rear shocks can not and do not control the rear spring action, they just dont have the dampening power they should really have.

Anyone know where I can get a deal on a full set of Bilstein HDs? ;)

Thanks!

- Mike

4. Feb 16, 2008 at 1:09 PM
    lightmup

lightmup Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    07 db cab TRD sport 6" fabtec lift 33-13.5-20
    AFE intake, Gibson cat back exhaust, Fabtec 6"lift, King remote resy coilovers, Light Racing UCA's , Allpro front bumper,PIAA fogs, 3 KC slim lights, Optima battery, Weathertech flour mats, Tinted windows, Wheels and tires, Back up camera, 10" shallow mount kenwood sub
    I have a 07 double cab with a six inch lift. I havent had any problems with sagging. Do you think that with the add a leaf they put in with the lift would have solved the problem?:confused:

5. Dec 3, 2008 at 9:54 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Okay went to my Progressive website to look at my TSB's. None said anything about a harsh ride. I own a 2006 Tacoma which I bought in August of 2006. So does this mean I'm ok and don't need the extra leaf in the back? Are all Tacoma's around that year effected by this? I also am about to install a 3 inch lift kit with rear AAL's. If I get the TSB done and then do my lift, will it be higher then if I dont get my rear TSB done?

6. Dec 4, 2008 at 8:39 AM
    dabighi

dabighi Well-Known Member

Member:
    ya the rear should sit up higher with the rear tsb and aal's. if your worried about that i know that toytec has an aal designed to work with the tsb so i would look into that.

7. Dec 4, 2008 at 10:08 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Well thats what I'm debating. I never really haul anything to heavy so I wonder if its even worth calling the dealer. The dealer is also 130 miles away from me!!! I already bought my toytec lift kit a while back with the OME 885's up front and the rear AAL's. So does that mean the rear AAL's I own now won't work with the rear tsb if I get it done at the dealer?:confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top