1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tsb @ beaverton toyota.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by inesshell, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Aug 18, 2011 at 12:36 PM
    inesshell

inesshell [OP] blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    Parents have had their new 11' 4x4 dcsb trd OR for a few months now. I took it in yesterday to get the tsb harsh ride done and they approve it and set me up in two weeks. Today i took a closer look at the invoice and realize they ordered more stuff for the installation than what is really needed (the leafs only) I went back to service and talked to the adviser that gave me this invoice and asked him why all the extra stuff and not just the springs. He didnt give me a clear answer and than i told him if the shocks are anything but the bilsteins that come stock on it i wouldnt want it. From there i ask him why are you ordering parts for my front suspension too?.....he looks at the invoice and i smile. He responds: you talk to the mechanic when you bring it in.

ive had my access sport trd done the tsb in the past with no problems and just curious if anyone else has issues with beaverton dealer.

can anyone tell me if the shocks are the black ones on the stock tacomas or trd. i wasnt able to find much information on them besides knowing that they are the shocks on the toyota parts site.

[​IMG]

Bennett707 likes this.
  2. Aug 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    My first guess ... the dealer is trying to get more money from Toyota. I assume that's why he wants you to talk to the mechanic, so you can say: I see you ordered all these extra parts please only swap the springs. Then they re-sell the parts not used.

People wonder why dealerships get such a bad rap ...

3. Aug 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    are you being charged for the parts?

4. Aug 18, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    inesshell

inesshell [OP] blah blah blah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    All stock Superwhite 10' AC
    nope invoice was $0. they better not turn around and charge me :(

5. Aug 18, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    then I would just let them order whatever they want. I mean why get all worked up in a lather now? When mine was done I was given a set of the blue and yellow Bilstiens and my truck is not a TRD

Products Discussed in

To Top