1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB completion but...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Viper-2, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Oct 19, 2007 at 7:27 AM
    CoopersTacoma

CoopersTacoma Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab TRD OffRoad V6 Auto
    ARE CAP
    Thanks for all the info. I'll be talking to my dealer next week with revised TSB in hand.

2. Oct 19, 2007 at 7:51 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    mine is at the dealership gettin them put on as we speak...woot! about time too

3. Oct 19, 2007 at 8:16 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    yeah but he's still eligible for the new leaf pack and the free alignment. Tahts what i got.

4. Oct 19, 2007 at 8:30 AM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    You need to change your title to Honorary Texan. That would drive nd and the rest of the alliance crazy. We can offer everything the alliance does -- beer, laziness, 'cept we can add that our threats aren't weak and we got good looking women.

5. Oct 19, 2007 at 10:04 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Hey, our women are hot too! There's actually a song about "Carolina Girls" i dont hear songs about "Texas Tramps" on the radio, do you?

6. Oct 19, 2007 at 11:51 AM
    bledsoe3

bledsoe3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland
    Vehicle:
    '15 DCLB Limited
    SnugTop, Air Lift bags, Bilstein 5100's up front, AAL in rear, 275/70/18 BFG AT TA KO2, URD TCAI, URD Cat Back
    I got the call about four weeks after they ordered my springs that they were in. I got my truck in Sept of '07 and it only had 3 springs. While They were looking at mine to decide if it needed the TSB I walked around the lot. The 2008's I looked at only had 3 springs too. :eek:

7. Oct 19, 2007 at 3:49 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    mk...so my local dealer does one of these 3 following things.....1)doesnt listen to their customer, 2)doesnt know how to see a vehicles package off of the VIN, or 3)doesnt know what their packages look like....lol...i went to get my truck back today and they pulled it up and it was about an inch taller in the rear, but when i got the paperwork, the also had listed the new shocks all the way around. to make sure they didnt just bill the shocks, i got under there and they gave me all new bilsteins on top of the new rear leafs. so far it seems to ride better. i've got a new pic included. the driveway kinda leans to the passenger side, so it doesnt look too much taller on that side...lol

PS--i'm not complaining about the dealership either, unless they are wrong and i am right...haha

IM000471.jpg

8. Oct 19, 2007 at 6:00 PM
    Audible

Audible Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Califonia
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    DRL's, 04 TRD Off Road bed stickers, Tow pkg, Penzoil synthetic oil, partially debadged.
    jhodge83,
    Truck looks great. How old is your boy? Mine just turned 16 months(born 5/23/06).

I'll post pics of my Taco after install my side steps and get the bumper fixed (dealer dented).

Audible:cool:

9. Oct 19, 2007 at 6:14 PM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    he'll be 17 months the 28th of october. we was born 28 may 06

10. Oct 19, 2007 at 7:28 PM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    -

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    As Viet2100 states, 4X4 and PreRunners only; excluding reg cab. GT has the 5 lug chassis, and none of them are included in this TSB.

11. Oct 19, 2007 at 8:20 PM
    Chongmagic

Chongmagic Member

Member:
    Sorry hit the post button twice:)

12. Oct 19, 2007 at 8:21 PM
    Chongmagic

Chongmagic Member

Member:
    I called Toyota Center in West Cola. I already had to take my truck back there 4 times to get something fixed. I have the Borla exhaust and aero package. When they put the exhaust tip in they installed it too close to the rear fiberglass extension. It melted the plastic onto the exhaust. Took four months to get it straightened out. So if they give me some flak I am calling maybe Jim Hudson or someone else.

13. Oct 20, 2007 at 6:41 AM
    argm31i

argm31i Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jim Hudson was the one I was going to suggest you call...that's where I bought mine, and they've always been just great about everything (had the stereo head unit replaced because it wouldn't feed cd's - no questions; had the gasket around the sliding back glass replaced because I was an idiot and put a sticker there and it got caught and flipped out from under the non-moving piece - no questions; etc.)...plus, their waiting area and service area are much bigger and nicer.

14. Oct 20, 2007 at 8:09 AM
    Chongmagic

Chongmagic Member

Member:
    I called Toyota Center this morning and they said the parts were supposed to be in today but will probably be in on Monday, I am taking it to get the leaf springs changed next week or maybe next Saturday. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly. I took it to Toyota Center because I bought it there and it is closer to the house:)

15. Oct 20, 2007 at 9:59 AM
    06tacoma

06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 XS-P Trd Longbed Double Cab
    20" enkei wheel,BFG G-Force tires, BHLM, Smoked tail lights, 2 RE Audio 10s, Quantom 900watt amp,10000K HIDs headlights and fog lamps,Borla exhaust, Borla drop in filter,Debadged tailgate,Painted black tacoma badges
    So i went yesterday i took my truck to toyota with the tsb freshely printed in hand. I told them what the problem was the service advisor told me that they would need to inspect my truck so i sat at toyota for 4 hours for the service advisor to come tell me that my truck is in titled to the tsb and that he would have to call toyota's head office and get it cleared. So i will be getting an answer by monday when they will start the work but the service advisor did tell me that he thinks most of these parts are in stock. Just a little confused why it took 4 hours to inspect did anyone else go through that

16. Oct 20, 2007 at 11:05 AM
    The_Hodge

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    i went on a drive w/ one of the techs and they had to clear any amount over $500 w/ the service manager. they went and asked him and ordered the parts that day

17. Oct 20, 2007 at 7:52 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    All the dealerships are different. During a routine scheduled appt (state inspection) I told the service advisor that my truck was bottoming out with passengers (teenagers) and gear in the bed whenever we went camping. Also the rear seemed to sag when towing my enclosed utility trailer (>2000lbs). She said ok we'll check it out. An hour later, she told me about the TSB and said shocks, springs, and u-bolts were on order. The parts came in 3 weeks later and they did the whole deal, alignment, and mounted my new tires in less than 4 hours.

I had already known about the TSB but let them diagnose it. I mean all they have to see is if the truck's bump stops are marked up.

Have heard many go in with the bed maxed with cinder blocks, cement, firewood to get their point across. Not sure why it would take 4 hours or they need approval. Hope it works out for you. I love mine.

18. Oct 22, 2007 at 9:47 AM
    Critter

Critter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey Viet welcome home BRO! Just a little lost. I got a simular rig to yours I plan on using Surf Fishing. Rest assured I won't take no on this TSB upgrade I've had the bottoming just carrying a little mulch!:confused:

19. Oct 23, 2007 at 4:08 AM
    Critter

Member:
  20. Oct 25, 2007 at 6:38 AM
    Critter

Member:
    I'm getting 1st change today. I will talk to Service Manger about truck bottoming with load of mulch and rough ride when loaded! I'll let all know it goes about TSB.:)

Products Discussed in

To Top