1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB completion but...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Viper-2, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Nov 28, 2007 at 3:29 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    Well I did that. I noticed that there are 3 long leafs and then one small one on the bottom - the bottom one is quite short compared to the others. So what I am trying to figure out is that small one on the bottom actually a leaf spring? If it is, then I have 4 and I'm all good.

2. Nov 28, 2007 at 3:36 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    u should be good to go

3. Nov 28, 2007 at 3:37 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    Thanks man, just wanted to be sure.

4. Nov 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM
    gsm

gsm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Regular Cab, 2.7L, Impulse Red Pearl
    DIY OEM Fog Lights on anytime, DIY OEM Cruise Control, Removed 2ndary Air Filter, Rear Speakers Mod, Traction Bar/Helper Spring Mod, Red Brake Drums and Rotors, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Door Sill Protectors, Taco Bed Mat, Custom Front Mud Flaps (Mudguards), TRD Bucket Seats (pending)
    This isn't effecting me, but where would one go to lookup/download TSB's in general. I'm curious how many other TSB's are out there. And if you don't know about them (if one pertains to you) then you are missing out on getting it fixed!

5. Nov 28, 2007 at 5:50 PM
    sak3358

sak3358 Well-Known Member

Member:
  6. Nov 28, 2007 at 5:56 PM
    sak3358

Member:
  7. Nov 28, 2007 at 10:36 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    got my TSB done today, took then just under 4 hours and it did lift the back end about an inch, but to be honest with you i didnt really notice too much of a ride difference. oh well, it's done and i'm happy :D

8. Dec 1, 2007 at 1:06 PM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    Stoped by the dealership yesterday and delt with the Ass. Man.(Assistant Service Manager).He had heard something about a harsh ride prob but they had never done the work.He ordered the parts right up no questions or crap!Has anyone leveled it out after this?If so parts you used or where you got them?

9. Dec 1, 2007 at 8:07 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i also need to know what the best front spacer is to use, i need a pair!! and hey chester is your taco a prerunner or 4x4?

10. Dec 2, 2007 at 5:04 AM
    Delrivpilot

Delrivpilot Red Sox Nation

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    PA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab
    Westin Runnin Bars, Toytec 2" spacers, TSB suspension, Cooper Discoverer ST's 265/75/16. Pionner Avic F700Bt, Wet Okole seats,spidertrax spacers
    Hey Turd, I had the Toytec 2" spacers put in the front when I had the TSB done. I almost leveled out the truck. Just a slight rake now. THe spacers were $112. Toyota put them on for $140. FYI. GOod luck

11. Dec 2, 2007 at 11:14 AM
    Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07_4x4_Access Cab_V-6_Manual-6_Silver Mica
    None yet
    I have had my new suspension now for about a week. I would urge anybody with the right to get it done to do so. I got 4 bilstiens, 2-4 leaf spring packs and a 4-wheel allignment.
    My truck rides quite a bit noticeably better to me. I don't understand anyone not telling much of a difference. It handles much better at all speed in curves and over rough roads. Before, I had all kinds of squirley action in curves and big dips. Now its a very solid feel in handling and rough terrain.
    It took my dealership 2.5 days to do the work and I had them rotate the tires and do my first oil change at about 4800 while it was there. My dealership did a great job and never gave me any flack about it. My hats off to them. I hope you other guys getting it done have the same experience. I was very apprehensive at first to get it started, but it was worth it.
    One more time!.....If anyone qualifies for this TSB, they should get it done whether they haul much or not, unless you just like the mushy ride and lack of towing capacity and handling. Don't just get used to what you have and think it can't get any better! Just my "two cents". :)
    PS, I almost forgot. There is a little rake to it now that others say will level out a bit with time. I kinda like it though. The overall height of the truck is raised! My headlights are a little noticeably shooting downward a bit now. I'll wait for it to level some before readjusting or spacing the front, as it's not to bad in my opinion. Hope this helps.

12. Dec 2, 2007 at 12:07 PM
    ofrd4fun

ofrd4fun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    05 DC 4x4
    FJ Cruiser wheels, air bags, 5100's @1.75, TC UCA's, bi-xenon HID's
    The work is complete; new leafs and four new shocks but in Canada they don't include an alignment (wankers!!!) It does ride a little stiffer which is what I wanted but the biggest improvement is with the new shocks. The overall ride is WAY better. No more wallowing and rolling around in corners with or without a load.

13. Dec 2, 2007 at 3:34 PM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    Its a 4x4 turdtaco,my last truck was a prerunner good truck but it limited my hunting in the winter.Now I just need to bypass the diff lock!Hey Delrivpilot hows the ride with the spacers?So the stock shocks will fly with the mod?

14. Dec 2, 2007 at 3:56 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    do those require spring compressors? either way i can have a family friend put them on for pretty cheap, same guy that always does my exhaust work

15. Dec 2, 2007 at 3:58 PM
    sak3358

Member:
    I ran into the dreaded parts availability. I dropped it off and an hour later they called and said the parts aren't available for another 2 weeks. I asked why they didn't know, afterall I scheduled a week earlier....they had no response. When I get it done I'll let you know how it went.

16. Dec 2, 2007 at 4:00 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    i had the TRD off-road package with the bilsteins before, thats why i said i couldnt really notice a difference in the way the truck handles, it has always been great. and my truck was done with the TSB in 4 hours lol

17. Dec 3, 2007 at 8:33 AM
    Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07_4x4_Access Cab_V-6_Manual-6_Silver Mica
    None yet
    I forgot you had TRD! I understand what you mean now for sure. You were half-way there already TuRDTACO.
    Made a big difference for me without TRD and I can see why it took them some time to complete. Thanks!

18. Dec 3, 2007 at 1:08 PM
    TuRDTACO

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    yea i've never driven a taco other than mine so i dont know what the non trd's would feel like, but to be honest with you i'd rather not find out and just stay happy with mine lol

Products Discussed in

To Top