1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB & Comprehensive Warranty

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mikev, May 6, 2009.

1. May 6, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    mikev

mikev [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, or if this belongs in another thread but can anyone tell me if any dealer will honor the T-SB-0305-08 rear spring harsh ride if my vehicle is past the 36,000K mile warranty? The vehicle is a lease vehicle and the lease is up 6/2/2010. I just recently put a Leer 100XQ on and noticed the vehicle bottoms out even more. Also any ideas what it would cost out of pocket to have the work on above TSB done?

Thanks

2. May 6, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Welcome aboard. I bought certified pre-owned that had over 36k on it & couldn't get several dealers to do it. Couldn't even pull some goodwill on just the springs from a dealer where I've bought other vehicles from. Good luck & don't let it stop you from asking, all they can say is no.

3. May 6, 2009 at 9:54 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    They are not OBLIGATED to- The TSB clearly states it applies to the 3year/36000K warranty. You might find a dealer who will hook you up- but that's a case by case deal.

TSB springs will be about 1500-1600 installed from what the invoices have shown. You might snag a pair from someone who is upgrading rear springs with a complete leaf pack. You can get an AAL to help with the bottoming out usually.

Welcome to the board.

To Top