1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB dealership nightmare!!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Motorshooter, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Oct 29, 2008 at 4:45 PM
    Motorshooter

Motorshooter [OP] Motorshooter

Member:
    VA-Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab, short bed, 4X4 SR5, Towing pkg. Inferno Orange -What a great color!
    Weather Tech stone guards, Undercover SE bed cover, fresh coat of wax. I really miss my Indigo Ink Pearl 07' DC -RIP-she saved my life. Thank you blue beast!
    TSB dealership nightmare instal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think not!, not even close...... I have to say what a refreshing and pleasant experience it was to deal with Rosner Toyota’s service center in Fredericksburg, VA. Jeffery Gosman is the assistant manager in the center and he was 100% professional through the whole TSB procedure.

He greeted me when I arrived and we discussed what was going to be serviced on my truck under the TSB. He was truthful, knowledgeable and up front with all the facts. He called me when the truck was finished and told me he would wait for me to arrive.

The only hitch came at the end when I picked up my truck and inspected it, all the parts were replaced as promised and a complete alignment had been performed, but upon further inspection I noticed that the driver’s side of the truck bed had a series of scratches and abrasions down the side…….I nearly died. I calmly walked back in the service center and informed Jeffery. In the blink of an eye Jeffery was outside inspecting the damage, he then drove the truck around to the body and had the manager come out to see the damage. The manager then told me it wouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to clean and buff out all the marks and that he would personally do it right then. 10 minutes later he was finished and the side looked great…not a mark let on it….”FANTASTIC!” I told them both.

I am very impressed with the service center and with Jeffery Gosman. He was up front and never once tried to make an excuse on the service or about what happened to my truck. He got the job done and satisfied a very exacting customer…..ME

Kudos!

2. Oct 29, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
  3. Oct 29, 2008 at 4:48 PM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    I was at the stealership yesterday to get one of those dumb mudflaps fixed... it was not that bad!

4. Oct 29, 2008 at 4:49 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Congrats on having that work out for you!!

5. Oct 29, 2008 at 4:52 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Whew, my heart skipped a beat when I read the title. I'm in the process of setting up the suspension TSB. I thought something went wrong with the install. Sucks about the scratches, but they were able to get them out for you. Sounds like a professional dealership. (except maybe one careless mechanic)

6. Oct 29, 2008 at 4:54 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

Accidents happen. Atleast they owned up to it. :D

7. Oct 29, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    good for you

8. Oct 29, 2008 at 5:15 PM
    Drew793

Drew793 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road V6 Auto
    Weather Tech window shades, Roll-N-Lock cover with cargo manager, Led interior bed lights, EZ down tailgate strut, SpiderTrax1.25" wheel spacers, tinted windows, second filter removed, Grillcraft Mesh upper and lower grill, Castrol Syntec.
    I would have probably had a stroke if I saw scratches on my truck!!! Would have,,, no Definately would have blown a head gasket but the best way to deal with something like this is exactly as you did by staying cool. It was a big plus that the manager didn't even hesitate to get it taken care of. I commend him for that and I am glad to hear that there are good people like him out there. Thank you for sharing that with us here. I am sorry that this happened to your truck but very happy that it turned out well.

9. Oct 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM
    j4x4ar3

j4x4ar3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 DC 4x4 - TRD Off Road - White
    Round Step Bars, Bed Mat, Cargo Bars w/Thules ski and bike attachments, JVC MP3 Head Unit, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, roadmaster active rear suspension, more when $$$ allows
    Ha.. well if they can't sell you a truck these days then they need to keep their business some other way. Maybe the bad economy and rotten automobile sales will convert the stealers over from the dark side and offer real customer service.

10. Oct 29, 2008 at 8:36 PM
    nocarsallowed

nocarsallowed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4X4 - Access Cab
    NO MODS YET! 20" Enkeis with NT420 performance tires coming soon...inspired by genxer36.
    LOL. stealership.:laugh:
    This is the first post where I've seen someone happy with TSB service. Other people report "wrong part number" installed and such. Was the scratches caused by the shaky bed? I remember seeing videos on youtube of how toyota truck beds are shaky.

11. Oct 30, 2008 at 3:33 AM
    davatk

davatk Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwestern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC TRD Sport Long Bed
    Tube Steps, Hood Deflector, ScanGauage, GPS
    Actually, in my opinion I'd still be kinda pi$$ed. How do they get scratches and abrasions down the side of your truck bed without knowing it ? If the service tech is that non-chalant that they would allow that to happen and let the vehicle be returned to you like that, then I would be highly suspect of any repair done by him. Also, I often find (especially on dark colors) that the buffing done by the dealer often makes things worse if you really look at the surface of the paint - they use rubbing compound :eek: on the clear coat which is a NO-NO.

That said, I hope it works out for you, and that the repair was truly done right. Sounds like if nothing else that you have the mgmt at the dealer in your corner, and they will try to make things right regardless.

12. Oct 30, 2008 at 7:45 AM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    Add me to your list of unhappy with it. The stealership promised all the parts were in, but of course they weren't. So they had the car for an extra day or two, very annoying. On the plus side they hardly questioned why I wanted it (after I told them I carry a lot of stuff for work) - I have a friend who went to the same stealer and they wouldn't TSB his truck.

13. Oct 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM
    nocarsallowed

nocarsallowed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4X4 - Access Cab
    NO MODS YET! 20" Enkeis with NT420 performance tires coming soon...inspired by genxer36.
    They won't do TSBs if there's nothing wrong with the vehicle. TSBs are "not recalls" as they put it. If a recall was made, the manufacturer would have to fix it for free even if it's out of the warranty.
    TSBs are "instructions" to certified mechanics to fix a problem acknowledged by the manufacturer, but the problem has to exist first. If you are in the warranty, the fix is free. If it's out of the warranty, you pay out of pocket.
    All manufacturers are like that.

14. Oct 30, 2008 at 2:50 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Did your friends truck fit the vehicle and warranty specs of the Rear Spring TSB? If it did then he must realize the TSB is a 'customer generated' TSB and if he complains about a 'harsh ride' they will have to do it.:)

15. Oct 30, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    Yes, he said exactly the same things as me to the same dealer and they wouldn't do it. I think he even complained to Toyota first (like I did).

16. Oct 30, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    He should make sure,(with TSB in hand) that he points out its due to customer complaint. Not their complaint. As long as it is a qualified vehicle, then he needs to keep moving up the chain of command all the way to the owner of the dealership if needed. In a calm, cool, and collective way.
    What reason did they give for refusing to do it?

17. Oct 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM
    WestTexasTacoma

WestTexasTacoma Active Member

Member:
    El Paso TX
    Vehicle:
    08PreRunner TRD Sport DC
    Jason Bed Cover, K & N Drop in Filter, Flowmaster 40 series Bilstien 5100's front TSB done
    Im getting my tsb for the rear leaf springs done. The parts were ordered today and I was told the parts should be here on monday!!!!:D I had no problem getting the dealership to do it, but I think its probably because I called the toyota customer information #. They gave me a case # and forwarded my complaint to The dealership. They called me in took my truck and got that phone call saying that they are going to do the repair!!!!!:)

To Top