1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB for 2010

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by heffer, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Sep 16, 2009 at 8:46 PM
    jassco

jassco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Offroad
    I have the 3 pack 48220 04190 K LH, and 48210 04550 K RH on my 2010 AC.

2. Sep 16, 2009 at 8:59 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  3. Sep 17, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions

best post of the day!!! Rofl!!! :d

4. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Time to sell it!...:eek:

Just explain your "safety concerns" with hauling or towing with the current spring set up, well within the payload of the truck, as well as the harsh ride experienced with any weight in the bed. Safety is the "key concern", and probably a "buzz word" for a service manager, not what you heard on a Toyota Tacoma Forum. :cool:

5. Sep 17, 2009 at 5:49 PM
    sdel82

sdel82 Active Member

Member:
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    09 dbl cab
    I read somewhere in here that the Canadian Tacomas come with the 4 leaf packs to begin with. Is this true?

6. Sep 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM
    foxtail99

foxtail99 Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DblCab LB
    I just had my 2009 upgraded with 4pack leaf springs. I went to the dealer with 10 bags of concrete over the rear axle. Bags were 80 lbs a piece, home depot was nice enough to let me borrow them.... anyhow, I towed a really heavy trailer before and after and wow what a huge difference. And I glad I had it done. I will say this though, when the truck is empty you will have a much stiffer ride. When you hit small bumps your rear end feels like it is losing contact with ground. I know that it is not, jsut feels that way. I don't mind because, hey it is a truck. My wife doesn't like it so much. If you never plan on hauling a lot of weight or pulling a big trailer don't worry about it. The original 3 pack is fine. I used mine for 5 months. I was considering airbags and if I could have afforded it I would have done the bags instead of the TSB. Just from a ride comfort point of view.

I am just saying, if you don't need it don't get the TSB... if you have the money, get airbags. If you are poor like me, goto home depot and pay $65 for ten 80 lbs bags of concrete and head to your dealer. I told mine a friend had a 2007 done ( did not mention this site ).

Hope this helps those wondering....

Products Discussed in

To Top