1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tsb leaf spring question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DATZ WEAKSAUCE, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Apr 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    DATZ WEAKSAUCE

DATZ WEAKSAUCE [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TRD SPORT
    so for those who've gotten it done under warranty did you guys have to load your truck and bring it in? the reason i asked is because i went in to complain about it and the service advisor wanted me to bring the truck in with both bikes and all my track gear loaded in the bed. something i rather not do just to take it in hah shure takes a lot of time

2. Apr 5, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    No, but I've heard from others on here that their dealer was being a dick about it like yours. I'd say either ask to speak to the manager or just call Toyota and complain to them about the issue and let them call the dealership.

3. Apr 5, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    Kelson

Kelson My Truck is Cuter than Yours

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    servco are a bunch of pricks when it comes to this.

if you load up your truck and it bottoms out ive heard they'll tell you the truck is overloaded.

im not saying don't try, but you probably won't get the tsb.

unless you get nawts at them. which might work.

EDIT: NVM i thought u were on oahu lol

4. Apr 5, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    Tell them, 'No, I will not load my truck up again so you can see it overloaded. I don't feel safe, that is the reason I am asking for this TSB. I have an extremely harsh ride when the bed is loaded'.

5. Apr 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    DATZ WEAKSAUCE

DATZ WEAKSAUCE [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TRD SPORT
    yeah well see imma try a different dealer i only went into that one cause its next door to the dealer i work at. its funny how his tone of voice changed and he didnt try to bull shit when i showed up in my work uniform (im a tech for honda).:p

6. Apr 5, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    cooktaco

cooktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    11 Dbl. cab TRD 4x4
    Weahertecs, Bed met, Snugtop, Avid sliders, TSB Springs, Bilstein 5100's @1.75,
    First time in, no joy. Second time in, dealer said they never heard of the problem. I asked them to look up the TSB by number. Said they couldn't find it. I said I did and I happened to have two copies, one for me and one for them. A little more wrangling after that, but they eventually figured out I wasn't going to go away. They weren't nasty just didn't want to do it. Very happy with it. Rides better than it did before and I can actually put some stuff in the bed.

7. Apr 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    leveltwo

leveltwo Well-Known Member

Member:
    I called and said order the parts ;)

Aside from them installing the non trd shocks the first go around... the process was smooth and no questions were asked..

8. Apr 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    SoCal
    Call toyota and let them know that the dealership is telling you to do unsafe things. Should fix the problem for you.

9. Apr 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    Go online and file a complaint with the FTC that A) it's unsafe, and B) it's false advertising, this thing can't carry 1000lbs safely without the tsb springs. It takes 3 minutes, it's free, it's at no consequence to you because you're not lying, and they notify Toyota a case has been opened. That's all it took for them to change their tune.

They did try telling me to load up my truck. I told them "F$ck you, you have tools and shit laying around, you load it up." After that they were a little reluctant to help me, but when they got an email from the Federal Trade Commission they forgot all about it. It takes minutes. Let your taxes do some work for you.

10. Apr 6, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
  11. Apr 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    shackley

shackley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 TX Baja TRD Access cab, 6spd, 4X4, White
    Build (apologies to Sean): 2013 TRD T/X Baja, ACC, 6 spd, SuperWhite II Exterior/Performance TX Baja Series Badging (small sticker--no large “Baja”), Red TRD badge on tailgate Hitch cap TRD Cat-back exhaust BP Fabricating steel front skid plate TRD Gun Metal Gray Beadlock Style Wheels BFG A/T 265/70/16 Tacoma Bed Mat Aluminess flat bumper with PIAA 520 SMR fog lights Demello rock crusher bolt-on sliders Interior/Performance Toyota HD All-weather Flooring throughout cab...entirely weatherproof. No carpeting Stock leather shift knob Suspension Front 3” TRD Eibach racing coils 60mm HD Bilstein (TRD custom valved in San Antonio) front shocks. Similar to 9100/9300s w/ bumpstop Modified bumpstops by TRD in San Antonio Dual tube 50mm Bilstein in rear (TRD custom valved by TRD in San Antonio) Tuned 3 leaf + overload
    Those of us with 2012s are waiting. My last Tacoma (2009) had 4 leafs. The 2012 TRD is like spaghetti in the rear. When I jump up and down in the bed (I make sure my wife isn't looking) it bounces like crazy and only weigh 168 lbs. My 2009 was comparatively solid as a rock. All these posts give us with 2012s ammo to go to the dealership when they finally extend the TSB.

12. Apr 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    BTO

BTO Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '07 Silver PR DC AT SR5 TP LSD
    Defroster mod, Bilstein 5100s front, Adjustable Ranchos rear.
    Tell the service dept guy to check out the bump stop marks on the frame. That's proof right there.

To Top