1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB PROBLEM

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dlalien, May 2, 2011.

1. May 2, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    dlalien

dlalien [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    North Hollywood CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport DCLB 4WD, Tow package
    hey I got the rear TSB done and yes I got the 4 leaf springs on each side and each side has diferent part numbers. Everything seams fine other then the driver side sits shorter then the passenger side. From the leveld floor to the bottom of the fender is 36"1/2 on the driver side and on the passenger side is at 37" 1/2. Its 1 inch diference. This can't be normal what can I do, has anyone had this before. I plan to call the dealer tommorow.

2. May 2, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Goodyear DuraTrac 265/70R17, KMC XD Revolvers, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, Sockmonkey Decals, 35% tint both front doors, Braided Brake Lines, Removed Charcoal Filter, BHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, Rear diff breather, LED bulbs, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete, black Al.tube steps
    They might have placed them on the wrong sides. I know when I did my own personal truck I double checked the part numbers. They are side specific, meaning one part number is for the drivers left side and the other for the pass right side.

3. May 2, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    Tonka Tacoma

Tonka Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Plattsburgh, New York
    Vehicle:
    2009 Regular Cab 4X4
    3'' Toytec Suspension Lift, Dick Cepek DC-2 Rims, BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's, Bug Guard, Side Window Visors, Back Window Visor, Diamond Plate Kobalt Tool Box, Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip, Stainless Steel Plate Frames, Stainless Steel Stubby Antenna, "TACOMA" Front Windshield Banner, Toyota Tundra 4X4 Tailgate Badge, And TRD Box decals.
    I Thought all Stock 2nd Gen. Tacomas Sagged A Little On The Driver Side? I Have Heard It Called "The Taco Lean"? I Didn't Think It Was A Whole Inch Though.

4. May 2, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    Range 44

Range 44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ TTE
    Full tank of gas?

5. May 2, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Did you get your precious photos ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Taco lean
    Normal

6. May 2, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Living the dream !!!

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Accesscab
    TC UCAs, OME 886, Dakar leaf pack, Warn RC9.0 winch, ARB bull bar front bumper, BFG KOs 265/75-R16 (10 Ply) including spare, KC HiD 6" rounds, Raider fiberglass cap, Tule ski and bike racks, steel brake lines, AllPro high-clearance rear bumper (modified to deal with design shortcomings), 4crawler 1" body lift. TRD Supercharger. Pioneer PRS-80 stereo with JVC center console sub and Alpine 5-channel amp and door speakers. TRD Cat-back exhaust. Gel-pack battery. Hi-lift jack.
    Not sure if this will help you but I think the correct part numbers are:

8210-04570 PS, and 48220-04210 DS

Yes, with a full tank of gas there is a noticeable lean to the drivers side.. but for some reason this is fixed by adding a 10mm spacer to the front DS shock and not the rear, which has never made complete sense to me I must confess since the tank is in the rear.

But in any case if it did not lean previously it reasons that it should not lean now. It is possible to put the leafs on incorrectly, wrong side. That seems plausible to me.

7. May 3, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    dlalien

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    North Hollywood CA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah right now I have a full tank of gas but I don't think that would matter the truck should be designed to carry a full tank. I will check the front and see if theirs a diff in the front. I didn't check if their was a difference before I got the TSB done.

8. May 3, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    Sawick

Sawick Still not worthy!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Bedford, MA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    HID Retrofit, Smoked Tails, Tint, Running Boards, Satoshi, XD Cranks, 285/70 Duratracks, In-Dash Navigation, aFe Pro Dry CAI, 2525XL, 5100's+ coils, Socked and Millerd!
    I almost have the same problem, but I have added the Toytec TSB AAL also. One side sits almost 1" higher in the rear. Not sure if it was like this pre-TSB AAL or not, as I did not measure.

9. May 3, 2011 at 8:27 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    If they swapped shocks, they may have mixed them up, as to what side they go on.

10. May 3, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    dlalien

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    North Hollywood CA
    Vehicle:
    Well i checked the front and they are both even, I called the dealer and they said they have to get approval to look at my truck because i got the tsb done when i still had warrenty and now i dont. I tought you grt 1 year warrenty on every service parts you get at the dealer. I will fallow up tomorow and see what they say.

To Top