1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mattioss, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Oct 10, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    mattioss

mattioss [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Milford, De
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner DB TRD Sport
    None
    Hey Guys,

I was just looking over my toyota.com service crap from the stealership. I got the Rear Spring TSB done. My question is weren't they supposed to change the shocks too? I could have sworn i read they were to change the shocks but on the thing it says replaced rear springs only.

Matt

2. Oct 10, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You have a TRD...SOOOOO....you have the shocks they would have swapped to. There are no more OEM upgrades past the TRD shocks.

You got what you were owed.

3. Oct 11, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    Bryan07sport

Bryan07sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Newark, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Access 6spd
    Hardwire GPS, 110v power outlet in cab, foglights anytime, mudflaps removed, pa-15 ipod interface, rear leaf tsb, URD short shift, integrated third brake/cargo light, ABS disable switch, BHLM, Dynomax super turbo muffler, Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70/17, Front Bilstein 5100's at 1.75, Weathertech floormats, sockmonkey bedsides, bestop supertop, spidertrax
    I just got the TSB done yesterday and it's definetely only got 3 springs. 2 longs and the fat helper guy. Invoice said $1430. Obviously free for me. Is this a possible substitute to the 4 leaf packs that supposedly were getting put on? it does seem a bit higher in the back now, and stiffer, so maybe an upgraded pack? or just fresh springs haven't settled and they put stock springs back on? thanks

4. Oct 11, 2009 at 12:31 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Go look at the part numbers and compare them to the TSB. The 4 leaf thing is a "rule of thumb" more than anything. The part numbers will assure you have the right springs in there.

5. Oct 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    Bryan07sport

Bryan07sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Newark, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Access 6spd
    Hardwire GPS, 110v power outlet in cab, foglights anytime, mudflaps removed, pa-15 ipod interface, rear leaf tsb, URD short shift, integrated third brake/cargo light, ABS disable switch, BHLM, Dynomax super turbo muffler, Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/70/17, Front Bilstein 5100's at 1.75, Weathertech floormats, sockmonkey bedsides, bestop supertop, spidertrax
    i'll look and see. where can i find the original tsb? and where in panhandle? i lived in pensacola for the last year

6. Oct 11, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Vehicle:
    I'm in Milton @ NAS Whiting. And I think there are some links around- Not sure where they are tho...My search fu is lazy tonight...Sorry bro.

7. Oct 11, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    JTDTacoma

JTDTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 4X4 Double Cab TRD Sport
    Got my suspension TSB yesterday. It now has 3 leafs plus the helper (just 2 plus helper before)

To Top