1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB - Rear leaf spring noise.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wilsonpj, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Jul 28, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    TacoTurd

TacoTurd Defying Alliances since 2007

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Bull Bar, PIAA lights, Passport, Bed Mat, UWS Toolbox, Hood Struts, Rear TSB, TRD/Okole Seat Covers, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Burned Carpet, Nasty Dent in Roof
    I'm with ya, bro. :D

2. Jul 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    ARRRGGH. thats public , im gonna edit! At that rate theyll turn me into a salesman ....help!

3. Jul 28, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    My buddy's 99 Taco squeaks like a creeky old wooden wagon. I've gotten the TSB done, going outside after this post to check the leaf pack bolts. I think the best solution is to grease the contact pad. Looks like toyota puts a nylon pad in there, make sure yours didn't wear out or fall out. You have to really releave pressure from the leaf and grease it with a HD grease, probably something you'd use in a CV joint. That will be the most effective way to fix the problem. but later on it will happen again... need to re-grease. but I'm guessing if you use good grease and spread the leafs apart it'll last at least 10k.

4. Jul 28, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    BullOnParade

BullOnParade Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL CAB TRD SPORT
    my 06 creaks when I just go to sit in it. lol

5. Jul 28, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    They put my Bolts in correctly. All of them. However they torqued the U-Bolts to 75#/Ft. Spec is 37#. I kept going up in 5# incriments to check. Not sure if I'm happy or not with it... but at least the axle won't come out. 75# sounds more like it to me.

6. Jul 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM
    SLOH

SLOH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5, dc long bed speedway blue
    2.5 Icon c/o's and 3" AllPro rear suspension kit, 17" XD Series Addict w/ 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, K&N 63 Series CAI, 13.5'' JL Sub (13TW5v2-2) and 500w Rockford Fosgate amp, limo tint all around, cat back banks exhaust with no muffler or tip, blue dash light mod, "taco" 3rd brake light mod, blue dome-light mod, cb radio and 4' firestik antenna, blacked out hoodscoop(thanks randy), Total Chaos UCA's
    I'm assuming the nylon pads are thin?...its like the thing inbetween each of the leaf srpings? the reason i'm saying this is i want to clarify if they're supposed to be pretty thin...if not...then mine are mashed to shit, mine looks a little thicker than a sheet of paper last i looked at them...i'm not a truck guru or anything so i might sound like a moron right now.

Products Discussed in

To Top