1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB Rough ride

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jdebo, May 12, 2012.

1. May 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    jdebo

jdebo [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Wintersville,OH
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma 4x4 4cyl
    I called the dealer the other day about the suspension upgrade and they said they heard of it. Good! But, they said I need to come in for them to evaluate it before they order parts. What are my chances that they dont do this upgrade for me?

2. May 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 Ditch Doctor

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper
    You concerned about the ride or if they will do it?

3. May 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    They'll do it if you tell them the springs flatten out under a 200# load, so rub your fingers on the bump stops to show wear. I put my 500# motorcycle in the bed, took photos of the flat springs and my dealer didn't even want to see the pics. Just signed me right up. The ride isn't harsh, btw - it's a truck.

4. May 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    Goober

Goober Earthlings are fun to watch!

Member:
    Utah - Why just have only one?
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off-Planet AccessCab
    They will look for evidence of the rubber bump stops rubbing on the frame, so if you haven't been bottoming out you'll likely get denied. Load it up with weight and drive around on rough roads, then complain about the harsh ride when you go in. Haven't tried this myself.

5. May 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM
    JCBigler

JCBigler Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chouteau, OK
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 4WD, SR5, DC, TRD OR w/tow
    stock, Yaesu FT-8800R with a Maldol EX-107B, rear breather mod
    I printed out the TSB paper work, showed it to them and said that the back end was dragging a bit with a Uhaul trailer that wasn't even loaded down that much. They had their tech look at it and ordered the parts. Should be here sometime next week. I was surprised at the willingness to do the TSB since my "story" was even that well thought out or presented.

6. May 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM
    ae111black

ae111black Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kimo
    Pahoa Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD off road doublecab 4x4 silver
    Da Kine 255's
    Had Mind done last week tuesday. At first the dealer didnt know of the TSB but the svc writer looked into it and told my "when can you bring in your truck?" That was last week monday. They just did it! Nice

7. May 12, 2012 at 5:41 PM
    pudge151

pudge151 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum
    i dont know why dealers dont like to to TSB's, doesnt Toyota pay them to do the work?

8. May 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM
    jdebo

jdebo [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Wintersville,OH
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma 4x4 4cyl
    well I did haul my quad around for 2 days last weekend and thats when I noticed it squatting real hard. I will have to take another trip down the road to be sure. Thanks!

9. May 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    ae111black

ae111black Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kimo
    Pahoa Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD off road doublecab 4x4 silver
    Da Kine 255's
    Yep that's exactly what the Dealer said when they were writing the work order. (if it wasn't worded properly the factory was gonna regect the claim) And yes the Dealers treat the TSB's like a regular warranty claim they just turn the claim in to the factory than they get reimbursed. the Invoice total on mine was over $1500.00 for the total work order.

10. May 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    spithead051

spithead051 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Fairfax, VA
    Vehicle:
    09 AC 4x4 OR S/C'ed!
    Supercharger, ICON 2.5VS w/ CDC, TRD T/X Pro Wheels, 255/85/R16 BFG MT KM2's, APEX three hoop bumper, Smittybilt X20 Comp Gen 2, Allpro IFS skid, All-Pro Sliders, Dynomax exhaust, aFe Stage 2 si, URD 2.85 stealth pulley, Oil pressure, oil temperature, boost, A/F ratio gauges, Devil horns, WO seat covers
    They get paid the cost of the parts and a small amount over labor rates for the tech's labor. They make very little, if no money and would rather put the techs towards something with more profit.

In regards to getting the TSB done. I took my truck to the dealership that won't even do valid warranty work without a phone call from Toyota and when I told them about the rough ride I was having they knew what I was talking about and scheduled a repair appointment and ordered the parts. Didn't look at the truck or anything.

To Top