1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB...Sport or off road Bilsteins??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Robocop, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Apr 14, 2009 at 5:32 AM
    BlackRig

BlackRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5
    I like flashlights too. Can you link me to your other forum?

2. Apr 14, 2009 at 5:33 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    The Bilstein TRD shocks you will receive with the TSB are the same with either package, difference being the coil springs used for the different packages, OR vs. Sport. That's my understanding talking to my parts manager??

Anyway the Toyota factory TRD Bilsteins are still a fleet type shock, being about 40% smaller diameter than after market Bilstein's in either the HD "yellow" or the 5100 "silver" series.

I replaced the factory TRD ones on my '99 after one blew after two years with the HD's and it was like night and day in ride quality. The '08 got the 5100's for leveling but still improved the ride over stock. IMO..

TRD OR Bilstein also with TSB service
    [​IMG]

Aftermarket Bilstein 5100 or HD shocks
    [​IMG]

3. Apr 14, 2009 at 5:51 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    A flashlight forum...there really is a forum for everything. I'm on them for my child, dog, cat, dirt bike, snowboarding, fishing, Jeep and (of course) Tacoma. Several of those interests, I am on 2-3 forums. What did folks do with their time before forums :rolleyes:

Anyway, not sure if this matters to you but I don't think Sockmonkey is making side decals anymore. I wanted to get something unique but didn't ask him because I read a post of his that said he was not doing them anymore.

Also, if I didn't have a TRD and wanted to put side decals on, I would put on the Off Road decals. I just think it's more fitting for a truck to be "Off Road" than "Sport"...and I own a "Sport" :D

I wanted the hood scoop more than the side decal :) I don't do serious off roading, so the locker didn't matter to me.

4. Apr 14, 2009 at 5:58 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    check his thread out....its updated

5. Apr 14, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    I'm on it...thanks.

And because it was mentioned above, I researched "The Torch". Holy hell that thing is a serious light. Sorry...off topic!

6. Apr 14, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    Robocop

Robocop [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 Access Cab Gray Manual
    Much like this website the flashlight forum I visit will also make your wallet empty very quickly. I like to tinker with gadgets, knives, flashlights and generally other cool stuff and have spent much time there....the link to the site is www.candlepowerforums.com and I am known by the same name over there.

I have searched many of sockmonkeys threads and his decals are awesome however being a new member I really did not want to start off making requests on a senior member....he seems to stay very busy however I do plan to eventually try and purchase some of his decals.

I spoke to the dealer today and have to leave my truck there Friday at 7am with a promise to have it ready later that evening. The dealer has been great and is even providing a loaner car for the wait. I am excited it has been so smooth thus far and will let you know how it rides after Friday.

7. Apr 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    For the Billy's they use the 4600s

upgrade to the 5100 series while you can. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top