1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB Springs go in this Friday!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MattN03, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Jun 29, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    MattN03

MattN03 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    SOLD: 07 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    20% window tint, beep mod, hardwired V1, TSB springs, AVS Bugshield-21803, USA Spec PA15, OEM Tacoma scuff plates, Weathertech mats, Truxedo LoPro, TRD skid, GY Duratrac's 265/75/16 C Range, locker mod (switch method)
    I sent an electronic service request through my local dealerships website at lunch today about performing the leaf spring TSB. Just got a call and they said they'd get the springs ordered today. I have an appointment for this Friday @ 8am to have them installed. I'm glad I had it easy compared to some of you all! I'll get some before & after pics.

2. Jun 29, 2009 at 12:41 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    The way it should be.

3. Jul 3, 2009 at 10:46 AM
    MattN03

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    20% window tint, beep mod, hardwired V1, TSB springs, AVS Bugshield-21803, USA Spec PA15, OEM Tacoma scuff plates, Weathertech mats, Truxedo LoPro, TRD skid, GY Duratrac's 265/75/16 C Range, locker mod (switch method)
    Just got back from having the TSB springs installed. Measurements were taken from the garage floor through centerline of wheel to bottom of fender flare. I gained 1" on each side, but here are the measurements:

Before
    Driver Side: 36 1/16"
    Passenger Side: 37 1/8"

After
    Driver Side: 37 1/16"
    Passenger Side: 38 1/8"

I was surprised the drivers side is 1" lower than the passenger side, but I do have a full tank of gas-maybe thats it? The ride seemed to be similar to before-very comfortable, although maybe slightly stiffer. It's not harsh by any means with the 4 leaf pack now. Here are pics.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

One of the springs
    [​IMG]

4. Jul 3, 2009 at 10:50 AM
    MattN03

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    I used Toyota of Nicholasville if any Kentuckians would like to have this done. They were great to work with and had no issues performing the TSB. It was also nice to see they put down a floor mat and clear seat cover as soon as I dropped it off. I've seen so many dealerships not do this...They even complimented on how clean the truck was. They said they usually wash vehicles that come through their Service Dept, but this one obviously didn't need it! :D

5. Jul 3, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    That inch is the extreme end of it...but the Taco lean is well known. The driver, gas tank, and battery are all on the driver side.

There are a few options for spacers to level'er out.

6. Jul 16, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    MattN03

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    Has anyone noticed less flex after the TSB springs go in? I was climbing a hill the other day-one I've climbed several times before, and the rear tire actually lifted off the ground. It had never done that before the TSB springs.

7. Jul 16, 2009 at 7:57 AM
    geolink

geolink Well-Known Member

Member:
    SILVER STATE
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB MagGray TRD SPORT
    Weathertech mats and hood protector, RuffTuff seat covers, padded console, Redline Hood Struts, Snugtop canopy w/Thule Rack, TSB rear springs plus AAL, 5100's all around OME 885 front coils, LR UCA, Avid Step Bars, LT265/70R17 BFG AT on stock Sport Rims
    My TSB replacement Spring - Just curious, same part, yours from China, mine from Indonesia.
    [​IMG]

8. Jul 16, 2009 at 9:25 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    They are much stiffer. The idea behind the TSB is so the truck doesnt bottom out when loaded with stuff. SO they're gonna be stiffer, and according to Toyota; we will have a harsher ride. Thats why we had 3 leafs in there originally instead of 4, so the ride was smoother. People on the forum state it isnt a harsher ride, but you wont have as much give cause, well, you got another leaf in there

9. Jul 16, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    MattN03

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    I thought I saw someone elses on here stamped MEX for Mexico...I'm not sure why they are coming from so many different places.

10. Jul 16, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    FL4x4Taco

FL4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I like the TSB leafs a lot. I find the truck rides better. Doesn't feel as if you are driving like a maniac. IE now you have the proper resistance to actually drive the thing. Going to measure the lean tonight. never really noticed.

11. Jul 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    get those 5100's in the front and you will be good to go...looks good, I really like the ride on mine with the tsb and the billies at 1.75, look in my gallery and see how much better the front sits. We have pretty much the same truck...

[​IMG]

12. Jul 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    Don't get the impression that the TSB does wonders. I had the rear leaf spring TSB completed and my bed still sags bad with a load of firewood.

13. Jul 16, 2009 at 1:09 PM
    mr2crazed

mr2crazed Well-Known Member

Member:
    Morro Bay, CA.
    Vehicle:
    06 DC PreRunner SR5
    MattN03,

Just curious, how many miles do you have? Did you actually take your truck before the TSB or did you just file out the electronic request?

thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top