1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB turned down at Star Toyota near Houston.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by teri4lance, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Jul 19, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    teri4lance

teri4lance [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    Removed the price sticker in the window, bobbed 6" off the mudflaps, debadged. TSB completed.
    I pointed out the liar thing , the no phone call thing and how they freaked out my wife out by telling her it would only tow a 300lb tongue weight. After a similar experience with Chevy dealers and GM corporate, I am starting to understand that I am not a valued customer, but instead a device for use as short term cash donor. I think instead of buying a new car every few years I will keep the vehicle I have for as long as I can. Long term customer loyalty mean nothing anymore. I bought this truck to tow with. I cannot in good conscience tow with it as delivered. It is a safety issue. Without the TSB it will cost us about $500 to get it ready for our next camper. Thanks Toyota.

2. Jul 19, 2009 at 8:27 AM
    Death_Stalker

Death_Stalker " The Master Ninja"

Member:
    First Name:
    Talha
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 4Runner LE
    TRD Pro Wheels BFG AT Tires
    i think Star toyota is one of the worst dealers in housotn i would recomend stelling mccall or Don mcgill havent gotten a TSB done there but i have found their service better than others in the past.

3. Jul 23, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    teri4lance

teri4lance [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    Removed the price sticker in the window, bobbed 6" off the mudflaps, debadged. TSB completed.
    OP here........Well, out of the blue Star Toyota called tuesday afternoon and said my warranty parts arrived. It's kinda weird because they never told me they would even do the TSB. So I called and made the appointment for Monday. I'm wondering if they will offer up an explanation on what happened, i.e the liar thing. Oh well, I'm just happy it's gonna get fixed and I can carry a proper load. I cannot figure out why Toyota would not have the four leaf springs on all Tacoma's equipped with a factory tow package.

4. Jul 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I doubt they'll explain anything to you...I'm sure if you press them they'll say something- but I doubt they'll mean it.

As far as why they don't swap them all...they have all the 3 leaf springs made and lots of folks like the ride and everything as is. To go thru a trash all the 3 leaf springs in favor of the 4 leaf would cost alot....and then some people (who do NOT normally tow/haul) would bitch about how stiff and bouncy it is.

So they can please some of the folks..but not all...So the warranty/TSB remedies that in most cases.

Products Discussed in

To Top