1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tsb

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cntmdc, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:29 PM
    cntmdc

cntmdc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pablo
    Delray Beach,Fl
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 "Super White"
    Undercover Toneau cover, Billet Grill, bug deflector,Fog light Mod,Nerf bars,17" TRD Sport wheels, stainless mirror covers,LED Guage cluster "Blue",SS Front Skid Plate,Custom "SOCKMONKEY" SR5 Decals, OEM TRD SS exhaust tip,shorty antenna,Clarion DVD Head unit,Bilstein 5100's Front shocks,Toytec 2"AAL,Custom Racing Stripe hood,roof & tail gate
    Cool I will try that tomorrow if they don't call back.I think that they just give a crap...They let you vent than say that they can't do anything.

2. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    My first couple of phone calls was like that until I was fed up with getting juggled around to the dealership and corporate and that's when they forwarded my case to a manager.

btw, Chris knows that quite a few 09 owners have requested the TSB and he knows that 09's uses the same parts.

3. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Well, I call complete bullshit to have these same asswipe springs showing up on 09s after 4 previous model years having issues & are known to be shit as far as performing as they should for a truck but many here will justify that by telling you that 90 or 95% of people never notice so why should toyota do anything about it. Yeah, that doesn't excuse it at all IMO. Rep is what sells their shit & rep like this business practice will catch up with them eventually just like it did for the big 3. Just go get an 80.00 set of AALs & save yourself the headache & the angst of waiting until enough people complain for the TSB to include 09s & haul your boat with piece of mind.

edit - This is so rich too....I couldn't get TSB because my truck was too old(over 36k when I got it) & you can't get yours done because it's brand fucking new. LMFAO!!!! (at the irony not the situation)

4. Jun 9, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    I showed up with the TSB and pics of my springs and all of that just like you. Call it coincidence but Toyota didn't give in until I filed complaints with the Federal Trade Comission and the Better Business Bureau. Keep on the safety issue but you can also play the false advertising card. Toyota clearly lists the payload capacity at 1200 lbs or something and that just isn't happening with the 3 leaf pack. I hate to have to use that, but it's not like we're making things up. These trucks cannot live up to what advertised without this upgrade. Period. I'm not so sure they can afterwards but whatever, I got my springs. Besides, I figure that's why we have the FTC and BBB. They have to investigate to a degree by law and also have to notify Toyota. Once Toyota gets that notice they might change their tune. They did for me.

5. Jun 9, 2009 at 5:08 PM
    DriverSound

DriverSound Señor Member

Member:
    SoCaca
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR 4x4
    Too few to list.
    I filed with the BBB also and I just closed it recently after I got my TSB done. The BBB sent them a letter and followed up with me.

BTW, they sent the letter to the corporate office in Torrance, CA. The same office where the 800 calls go to.

6. Jun 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    bigyetti

bigyetti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    asheville, nc
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 short bed
    sirius satilite radio, more on the way when i get more money. oh ya removed the secondary filter
    just find 500 lbs put it in the bed drive over speed bumps to bottom the truck out. take it to the dealer ad say should my truck be bottoming out with 500 lbs in the bed. and i haul a trailerand it does the same thing. " i am concerned about the saftey of the vehicle. hope this helps

7. Jun 10, 2009 at 8:29 AM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    None of us should have to put anything in the bed and take anything anywhere. It's a matter of law. They are there to protect us from situations like this. It's rare peasants like us actually see them work to our benefit but this is a case where the common joe can actually make out. It takes less than 20 minutes to file complaints with both agencies combined. If everybody on this forum with an '09 filed complaints they'd have added the '09 to the TSB already.

8. Jun 10, 2009 at 8:32 AM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    I just got mine done bought the truck a few weeks back an 07 trd and it had 34k on it took it in the 35500 just under the 3/36k warrenty and they didnt even ask I said can I get that extra spring and they said "yes, pick your truck up in the morning" on top of it they got my intake to stop ratteling I guess there was an update on those too,

Products Discussed in

To Top