1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB's for '09 Tacos

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GeoTaco, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Jul 7, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I've had the Clutch Pedal Squeak, Rear Leaf Spring, and JBL Amplifier Distortion TSB's performed on my '09. All I've ever had to do was make a call to my dealer's service manager and explain the problem that I was having to him, and he promptly ordered me the parts and made me an appointment. Big Horn Toyota in Glenwood Springs, Colorado has pretty much earned my business for life.

2. Jul 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM
    Monarch

Monarch Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2009 AC 4X4 2.7L manual SR5 barcelona red
    SkyJacker, OME 884, 33's no CMC, ECGS bushing, Bushwacker, Pop & Lock, Redline, Weathertech, Softopper
    Clutch pedal squeak ? Mine has been doing that but only on hot days. I thought it was my shoe tread slipping on the rubber. Can you elaborate or provide a link to more info ?

http://monarchrifle.com/dougs_tacoma.html

3. Jul 7, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    The TSB is in the TSB thread. It's actually an older TSB that hasn't expanded to cover '09s, but the dealership did it on mine anyway. Mine squeaked in the winter, and no amount of lube would fix it, so they replaced the pedal assembly... of course then my clevis broke, but they promptly fixed that too.

4. Jul 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM
    64Wildcat

64Wildcat Black Jeep of the family

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2015 Rubicon
    Hi,
    Getting my spring tsb done tomorrow, it took a little while but they approved it ,they had an engineer from Toyota come out and look at the truck with a load in it (600 lbs.) and test drive it with me, he felt it bottom out when we hit a dip in the road, he took all kinds of measurements and looked at everything under the rear end, next thing I know the parts are ordered yesterday, came in today and their dooing the work tomorrow.

Denis

5. Jul 8, 2009 at 5:08 PM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    Its sounding like more and more dealerships are taking care of the issue on the 09's. My 09 had it done 2 months after i bought it no problem. the dealer didnt even need to look at it or anything. So its good to see toyota taking care of everything.

6. Jul 9, 2009 at 6:02 AM
    BeachBoy

BeachBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    Icon Extended COs / Camburg UCA / ATX Predator Teflon / Mickey Thompson MTZ / Color-Matched emblems / All-Pro Bumper & skids / Stubbs HD-SKO / Alcans custom leafs / U-Bolt flip / Icon rear resi shocks / Rear Bumper
    there are tons of others TSB, I have all of them, but not yet for the '09 leafs.. Most are for basic hints to perform some repairs/maintenance. I found the ones below for possible "defects":

T-SB-0051-09 - 2005 to 2009 for overhead temp/compass
    T-SB-0072-09 - 2007 to 2009 for Decreased Air Volume from HVAC Vents
    T-SB-0096-09 - 2005 to 2009 4cyl/4AT for Torque Converter Flex Lockup Shudder
    T-SB-0164-09 - 2009 DC for abnormal sound from JBL subwoofer
    T-SB-0288-08 - for front seat squeak noise

7. Jul 9, 2009 at 6:39 AM
    Ticketdoctor

Ticketdoctor Senior Lettuce Washer

Member:
    Ithaca, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double TRD O.R. 4x4 Timberland Mica
    XM Radio Mod, TRD Skid Plate, Bed Mat, Weathertech, More to come.
    Just opened my second case with Toyota Corp. regarding the Leaf Sping TSB or lack there of for my '09. We will see if that goes anywhere. I figure if I bug them enough I may get the results that I am looking for.

8. Jul 9, 2009 at 5:13 PM
    64Wildcat

64Wildcat Black Jeep of the family

Member:
    First Name:
    Denis
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2015 Rubicon
    Just got the leaf spring tsb done today, it deffinately makes a differance, the truck sits a little higher in the back and you can feel it when your driving ,it feels more like a truck!
    Be persistant and in the long run it will pay off!
    I got it done at Woburn Toyota in Woburn Mass, they were actually very helpful.
    Good luck!

Denis

9. Jul 21, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    Ticketdoctor

Ticketdoctor Senior Lettuce Washer

Member:
    Ithaca, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Double TRD O.R. 4x4 Timberland Mica
    XM Radio Mod, TRD Skid Plate, Bed Mat, Weathertech, More to come.
    Leaf TSB approved today for my '09. Time to be scheduled.

10. Jul 23, 2009 at 3:48 AM
    tjbee2003

tjbee2003 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road
    The volume knob sometimes works, and sometimes not. I haven't experienced a power-down yet. Is this the same thing y'all are talking about? It it is, did I understand they will replace it hassle-free?
    BTW, they told me at the dealership there was not oil change during break-in period, just bring it in at 5k mi to change the oil. Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance.

11. Dec 13, 2009 at 3:57 PM
    NAYo2002

NAYo2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Michelin LTX A/T2, TRD Skid Plate, WeatherTech DigiFit Liners, OEM Bed Extender, OEM Bed mat, Advantage TorzaTop Trifold Tonneau, Pop & Lock PL5300
    I'm on the same boat. I don't want to go get the TSB done just because I can with the springs. Did anyone ACTUALLY have a problem with their 09s bottoming out? I only ask becasue they could've compensated for the springs with something else.

Also, what does AAL mean?

12. Dec 16, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    doubleusn

doubleusn New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 TRD DC 4wd
    Hi

-FYI-

Not sure if it is 'official' yet, but had mine replaced on my 09DCTRD4WD today just mentioning the 08 TSB and explaining that loading my truck with a few hundred pounds of sand made it handled horrible and I was concerned with my safety while driving it as it made it VERY sloppy. This is true, it did handle that bad, when I did get a bunch of bags of play-sand from Lowe's. (~50lbs per bag)

The handling feels the same as before, but it does feel like the truck got a slight 'wedgie'. You can see the stickers on the new leaf(s) that were added.

Also had the tranny one done today... much, much better.

Don't have my VIN in front of me, but my 09 was bought in Jan09.

Cheers
    -wsn

Products Discussed in

To Top