1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TTC ☆ OFFICIAL

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ChadsPride, Mar 28, 2018.

1. May 22, 2019 at 5:30 AM
    SurfratTX

SurfratTX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR Quicksand
    Youth! In general.
    Back in the ‘70’s Port Isabel, aka South Padre, spring break, was pretty wild since most people camped out in the dunes down near the jetty park.
    Not that I’m dating myself......:cheers:

2. May 22, 2019 at 5:42 AM
    T4Rgurl

T4Rgurl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christa
    Lago Vista Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 4Runner
    So i assume by you user name , you would know if there’s any clean beaches that do not hold events or host groups of losers lol? I’ve only been to 6 so far

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  3. May 22, 2019 at 6:11 AM
    Austinguy

Austinguy #FreeManer

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    First on race day!
    Secrets
    Good morning y’all

4. May 22, 2019 at 6:20 AM
    lilred95

lilred95 TTC #014

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Leander TX
    Vehicle:
    95 tacoma 5spd 2.7 4wd "Scarlett" 06 Lexus GX470 "Sexy Lexi" 14 Yz450f 06 ttr230
    need more
    Morning yall. Went out last night an got the itch so I was on the water before the sun woke up!

20190522_070821.jpg
    20190522_072559.jpg

BuzzMor, RobP62, LostHusker and 13 others like this.
  5. May 22, 2019 at 6:33 AM
    Hstone556

Hstone556 Ain’ters gonna ain’t

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie
    Raceline 17" Gauge's 37x12.50 Toyo's RT, Carli King 2.5s
  6. May 22, 2019 at 6:53 AM
    FastEddy59

FastEddy59 TTC #0061

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Smack, Dab in the middle of Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    '13 Barc. Red Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Rigid 23004 Radiance light bar Cheap 3K 18W LED Fogs General AT-2's Pioneer AVH4200NEX w/ iDatalink JL XD5003V2 Focal 165KRX2's JL 10TW3 Arcticstart 803
    Mornin Folks. :wave:

ChadsPride[OP] and T4Rgurl like this.
  7. May 22, 2019 at 7:05 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Should be pretty obvious where the leak is coming from. Wheel cylinder is above the axle seal. Then there are 3 axle seals. An outer that seals the bearing from the hub, an inner that seals the bearing from the axle, and an oring that seals the bearing from the outside debris.

RobP62, Oldie2007, jmdaniel and 4 others like this.
  8. May 22, 2019 at 7:17 AM
    Bigdaddy4760

Bigdaddy4760 Well traveled Older Than Dirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Maner
    Poolville Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCLB TRD OR, 2004 DCSB
    Good Morning Everyone

lupard, Nopro, FastEddy59 and 5 others like this.
  9. May 22, 2019 at 7:17 AM
    Beretta4x4

Beretta4x4 What makes the green grass grow? TTC#0114

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Temple, TX
    Vehicle:
    6-speed death mobile
  10. May 22, 2019 at 7:46 AM
    jmdaniel

jmdaniel Has A Well Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Leander, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR5 CrewMax, 1977 FJ40 Landcruiser
    And gear oil (axle seal), smells different than brake fluid (wheel cylinder). If you don't have any of either sitting around, pop the cap off your brake fluid reservoir and give it a sniff.

Oldie2007 and Bigdaddy4760 like this.
  11. May 22, 2019 at 7:53 AM
    CedarPark

CedarPark Master of Destroying CVs

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cedar Park, TX
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD V6 Taco, '11 2WD 5.7 Tundy
    Lights & Lockers & Duals
    Impressive

Nopro, FastEddy59, Oldie2007 and 2 others like this.
  12. May 22, 2019 at 8:05 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    I just emailed Warn to see how impressed they are.

RobP62, exportexp, Nopro and 7 others like this.
  13. May 22, 2019 at 8:05 AM
    CarmenSanDiego

CarmenSanDiego Battle Tank

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Dickinson, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM 4Runner Limited 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's OME HD Springs Shrockworks Sliders Addicted Offroad Front Bumper Proline 4x4 Rear Bumper CBI skids Black Rhino Armory wheels
    I started my day with a tire losing air so I go to put air in it and the air machine is broken at the gas stations near my house. So then I call into work, change clothes and load my daily setup out of the garage(5 e-rated 285/70/17 tires) into the 4runner and go to Discount Tire and wait for then to open.

Apparently my wheels are too dirty for their delicate sensibilities and I had to go wash the 4runner off before they will even touch it. Washing my wheels is like washing a spoon, i was them, they wash me back. I am covered in crap from the tires and red Jambo dirt now but I suck it up and head back to Discount Tire. By the time I get back they're busy as hell. So Ifinally just had my mom come pick me up so we can grab some breakfast and try to salvage some of my day while I wait.

The good news is I met a guy who has a Tacoma with a Tacoma Beast front bumper who was asking me about my old tires and my ditch lights and stuff. So I gave him one of my TTC cards and recommended him to check out TW and stuff.

RobP62, exportexp, riz_atx and 10 others like this.
  14. May 22, 2019 at 8:42 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride [OP] Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
    What date is everybody going to hidden falls?

15. May 22, 2019 at 8:56 AM
    MattCowsmasher

MattCowsmasher ( -_・)ᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘

Member:
    Temple, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2015 sporty dcsb 4wd
    Lifted, armored, lumenz w/ switches, positraked, long legged, big tars, debadged with a hood skewp
    July 13

16. May 22, 2019 at 9:04 AM
    Oldie2007

Oldie2007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Lockhart, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Impulse Red Pearl DCSB SR5 PreRunner. 2020 RAV4Hybrid Limited
    A little something every chance we get.
    Merning TTC! Happy Hump day. Caught up with all the flim flummery, drank my coffees, time for a smoothie.

17. May 22, 2019 at 9:11 AM
    FastEddy59

FastEddy59 TTC #0061

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Smack, Dab in the middle of Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    '13 Barc. Red Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Rigid 23004 Radiance light bar Cheap 3K 18W LED Fogs General AT-2's Pioneer AVH4200NEX w/ iDatalink JL XD5003V2 Focal 165KRX2's JL 10TW3 Arcticstart 803
    We used to have a place out at a pretty remote lake. (3 hr. drive) Everyone knew each other. Then as property value skyrocketed, Folks sold & a bunch of outsiders moved in. Didn’t respect privacy, right of ways, the whole deal. Was glad we finally gave it up.

Bigdaddy4760 and Oldie2007 like this.
  18. May 22, 2019 at 9:34 AM
    SurfratTX

SurfratTX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR Quicksand
    6? That's pretty good if you mean in Texas.
    I guess you have to define clean...
    For many years a lot of plastic trash, light bulbs etc would wash up on any part of the Texas gulf cost, I assume mostly from the rigs, ships etc. Not as bad as it use to be. Another thing is that back in the early '70's brown pelicans just disappeared from the Galveston, Surfside, Corpus areas for about 15 years...I think it was from the use of DDT pesticides....weakened egg shells. After banning that stuff...we have brown pelicans on the upper coast now.
    Some beaches, Galveston/seawall/pocket parks, Corpus, South Padre in the more public access areas they actually rake/clean the beach areas.
    Most of my 'beach' activities for years have been #1 surfing, then two person sand volleyball tournaments, racing sailboats and fishing. The Texas Gulf coast especially the upper coastal areas, Surfside/Galveston are the 'armpit' of the Gulf...brackish water in general that actually comes mostly from the Mississippi river, basically a big turning toilet bowl in addition the Continental shelf is about 180 miles out(I think, can't remember the distance) before it drops much deeper. Which also makes a difference with sediment off the bottom getting stirred up. Though for instance go just on the other side of the Mississippi river, Gulf Shores, AL and especially Pensacola, FL., sand and water is way cleaner.
    In Texas, the further south you go the better the water clarity and slightly the sand.
    And depending on the weather, currents etc I have seen a few times where the 'blue' water actually came in all the way to the beach area in Galveston...rare...but it has happened, typically in late August, September.
    Wife and I go down to San Luis Pass to the backside of Galveston island to hang out, she paddle boards. It's really nice in the late afternoon/early evening. Best to have 4x4 though if you know what you are doing you can get out there with 2x2.
    Other decent beaches:
    Freeport side of San Luis Pass, can drive anywhere on the beach, very few people.
    Quintana side of Surfside, you can drive pretty far down till a cut in the island, Brazos River, very few people.
    Sargent Beach, use to surf there occasionally years ago. Weird that iut has like clay cliffs about 4-5 ft. high in some places right on the beach. You can drive pretty far north on the island/beach till a cut, same for driving south, like no people.
    Matagorda beach, drive north on beach till a cut way up.
    Next beach access area is Aransas Pass, south.
    Get between Aransas Pass and the 'Fish Jetties, not many people.
    Packery Channel jetties, when there is surf typically north side is good. Lot's of people during beach season.
    Bob Hall Pier, lots of people.
    North Padre, wife and I drive way down the beach there and set up a canopy, eat, hang out. Water is always really nice, big sand dunes(cant drive on them).
    It's been years but I have driven all the way down to Port Mansfield Cut from the North Padre side(in a Isuzu Trooper 4x4). It was typically a 4 hr. drive depending on the tide. If tide is low you can haul butt on the hard pack, about 3 hrs. If tide was up driving in soft sand areas, about 4 to 5 hrs. don't really remember. Good surf on north side, great fishing. In the channel always saw Black tip sharks...never saw any in the surf...though it's the sea...
    Mansfield is a camping trip.
    South Padre, drive up through Andy Bowie Park to the north. Takes about 2 hrs depending on the tide to get to Mansfield Cut. There are typically a few tricky areas, meaning really soft deep sand and not really passable. Just in general follow the tracks where everyone else goes, you will get to the cut/jetties.
    On the Boca Chica side of South Padre, it's a long road out to the beach, you will also pass the new SpaceX launch complex.
    Once you get out to the beach drive north to the South Padre jetty. Beach condition depends if you need 4x4.
    So I mention these places since if I go to the beach to just hang out I prefer no or few people.
    For clean beaches, I have surfed in 14 countries, US East/West coasts, and Hawaii multiple times. Can't really compare to those places in general other than better surf, better beaches.
    Texas beaches, better than beaches in Kansas....:thumbsup:
    Pics from a few weeks ago at San Luis Pass...crappy images from cell phone.

image1.jpg
    image2.jpg
    image3.jpg
    image4.jpg
    image5.jpg
    image6.jpg

RobP62, FastEddy59, Austinguy and 5 others like this.
  19. May 22, 2019 at 9:43 AM
    CaptAmerica

CaptAmerica Asphalt Avenger! TTC#13

Member:
    First Name:
    Cap
    In a van down by the river
    Vehicle:
    Gen 2.9 DCLB TRD Sport w/tech
    Stickers and not enough wax
    When I'm in Llano, I get the smoked pork loin at Inman's. It's insanely good.

jmdaniel, Sleipnir, Oldie2007 and 2 others like this.
  20. May 22, 2019 at 10:06 AM
    Austinguy

Austinguy #FreeManer

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    First on race day!
    Secrets
    Never been there. I'll have to check them out next time I'm in the area.

Oldie2007 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top