1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tucson AZ reg cab build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by greasymonkey, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Sep 26, 2016 at 2:04 PM
    greasymonkey

greasymonkey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    2012 taco reg cab black 4x4
    AP rock sliders and skid plates tubbed fenders bestop custom snorkel race seats front and rear bumper custom tail lights. Trd shocks and coil, rear helper spring, retro encabulator.
    I've had my taco since 2012 and done a few mods here and there. I've referenced a lot from Tacoma world and Google. I've been hesitant to make a build thread due to the fact that stereo, tires and wheels and a camper shell do not a custom Tacoma make. But recently I've been getting a little more in depth and finally think it's thread worthy.

2. Sep 26, 2016 at 2:30 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    AP rock sliders and skid plates tubbed fenders bestop custom snorkel race seats front and rear bumper custom tail lights. Trd shocks and coil, rear helper spring, retro encabulator.
    image.jpg I'm currently right in the middle of tubbing out the lh inner fender.

3. Sep 26, 2016 at 2:32 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    Here is the rh side image.jpg

4. Sep 26, 2016 at 2:41 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg It cuts into the fwd body mount but I've attached a piece of tubing to the top of some all pro rock sliders that I cut down to fit my reg cab. The tube ,1 3/4" .125 wall, is then mounted to the channel on the body under the rocker pnl with grade 8 bolts and rubber washers. It makes the ride rough but gives the support needed and then some.

image.jpg

5. Sep 26, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    I've also added nrg racing seats and g-force harness's along with a Chevy Tahoe center jump seat consul. I have not yet wired in the USB ports for charging phones but will soon.image.jpg

6. Sep 26, 2016 at 2:54 PM
    fatfurious2

fatfurious2 IG: great_white_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    Looks like you're off to a great start! Check out @mahaloTaco 's reg cab too!

7. Sep 26, 2016 at 3:04 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I didn't like the arb snorkel so I made my own also when tubbing out the inner front fender I had to relocate the air cleaner. I opted to replace it with a Donaldson industrial off road filter that is located on my roof rack. The cfm on the air cleaner is way more than required for my 2trfe. This is one of the smallest air cleaners they make. It utilizes an air particle separator a large core filter and a large fiber filter. The ducting runs from the filter through the roof behind the passenger seat along the floor and through the firewall to the engin.

Pirhett and mbmack1 like this.
  8. Sep 26, 2016 at 3:06 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    image.jpg image.jpg I've also done a rear bumper rebuild and the rear lights. The backup lights are the floods on top.

9. Sep 26, 2016 at 3:11 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    image.jpg image.jpg Everyone asks me why my filler neck is sticking out. This is in fact my exhaust. I have a URD cat delete program with a flow master glass pack and a super 10.

10. Sep 26, 2016 at 3:17 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    I've done a lot of work and have a lot planned everything will be cleaned up before paint but I've got a while before I even think about that. Next on the list is finish the front bumper, install flat fenders, and a roll cage. Also I know my welds are ugly I'm not the best welder but they are functional. I can clean them up with a grinder if needed but I am getting better.

11. Sep 26, 2016 at 5:09 PM
    JustRob

JustRob GrandWizard Asshole Weld Critic

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Charleston
    Vehicle:
    2016 T4R
    Anodized lug nuts and a pop and lock.
    Are you planning a bolt-in or weld-in cage?

12. Sep 26, 2016 at 5:10 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    Weld

JustRob[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Sep 26, 2016 at 5:25 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    Wow he's got a nice rig. I plan to do a lot of the things he's done, long travel 4link, URD supercharger...it's only money

fatfurious2[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Sep 26, 2016 at 5:41 PM
    JustRob

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Charleston
    Vehicle:
    2016 T4R
    If you decide to weld it in and run 4130/CrMo tubing and need some help with your tig setup or getting RFQs from vendors for the correct filler metal, you can give me a shout if you want.

15. Sep 26, 2016 at 6:08 PM
    beertimecontinuum

beertimecontinuum What's outside the simulation?

Member:
    First Name:
    Everett
    Ky,Earth,SolarSystem,MilkyWay,VirgoSupercluster
    Vehicle:
    10 Pyrite DCSB VEEEEEE 1.618
    FoxShox, Dirt King Heims, Chevy63s, 2UZ-FE V8 Flowmaster 40, Demello Front/DYF Rear w/Swigouts, BAMF sliders, DYFAF
  16. Sep 26, 2016 at 6:33 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    This is the greatest build thread ever!!!!!!

beertimecontinuum likes this.
  17. Sep 26, 2016 at 6:47 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    Forgive my ignorance...RFQs?

18. Sep 26, 2016 at 7:03 PM
    JustRob

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Charleston
    Vehicle:
    2016 T4R
    Derp, still in at-work mode. Request for quotes. Local air-gas' etc, prices can be pretty high so it's good to shop around.

19. Sep 26, 2016 at 8:31 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    Welded in one pnl primed sealed and under coated. I was hoping to get mor done today but it was still a good day.:cheers: Time for a brew.
    image.jpg

20. Sep 26, 2016 at 8:39 PM
    greasymonkey

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks JustRob. Are you here in Tucson (guess I should look at your profile before asking questions). I could always use good Intel. I always wait till I'm AOG for parts before looking. ( aircraft maintenance talk for aircraft on ground parts required yesterday) But yeah I'm running low on 75-25 gas. Any advice would be great.

Products Discussed in

To Top