1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra Rock Warrior

Discussion in 'Tundras' started by BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Nov 4, 2012 at 5:29 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO [OP] DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    Quick question about these Tundras. I'm looking at trading or selling my Tacoma for a 2013 Tundra. The Rock Warrior package is a bad ass looking truck but does it offer anything other than color matched grill/bumpers, TRD wheels? I know the crewmax has the vertical opening rear window which is bad ass but it only has a 5.5 ft bed. I looked on yota's website and didn't really see anything other that those, though I was tired at the time and may have looked over something?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.;)

2. Nov 4, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    It's essentially cosmetic in nature... think you get a special shift knob, some floormats, all terrains, special wheels and a sticker.

3. Nov 4, 2012 at 5:36 AM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    this is from the website
    • (RK) TRD Rock Warrior Package (Tundra Grade 4x4 only) includes 17-in. split 6-spoke, gunmetal-color-finished, TRD Rock Warrior forged alloy wheels with LT285/70R17 BFGoodrich® All-Terrain T/A tires, Bilstein® shock absorbers, fuel tank skid plates, color-keyed front bumper and grille surround, matte black rear bumper, fog lights, sliding rear window with privacy glass (Double Cab only), front bucket seats with 8-way adjustable driver's seat with power lumbar support, 4-way adjustable front passenger seat and black fabric-trimmed seating surfaces, TRD Rock Warrior graphics. Requires auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass and HomeLink®' [12] universal transceiver. Integrated backup camera [7] display included in either rearview mirror or available Display Navigation [5] with Entune® [6]. Replaces standard equipment column shifter with center-console gated shift lever. (Available in the following exterior colors: Black, Radiant Red, Magnetic Gray Metallic or Super White only.)

4. Nov 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    stuckinoh

stuckinoh Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    OH
    Vehicle:
    Big Black Truck
    TUNDRA
    I have one (a 2010) they are bad ass looking but I agree the package is mostly cosmetic. I have the double cab so I can't comment on the rear window but I do think the double cab has plenty of space while still having the bigger bed. One thing that is nice is the skid plating - although pretty thin. Be aware the double cab will sit low in the front - mine is a full 3" raked. Wheels and tires are sharp too. I took the rings off my wheels and derped them black (black truck) and they look awesome.

Also the fuel economy sucks. Just being honest. If you were closer I'd consider trading you to get a Tacoma back.

5. Nov 13, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    what about it makes you want a tacoma over the tundra? just the fuel economy? or a better offroad frame? According to the MPG for the 2013 I would be getting about the same economy as my tacoma, it being lifted and loaded with bumpers/gear...

6. Nov 13, 2012 at 6:04 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    I have a 4x4 DC Tundra non RW w/ 6.5 bed.
    As far as mpg, my truck gets pretty close to what I got in my DC tacoma. It is the 4.6L V8 totally stock not lifted or leveled.
    It is a big truck so at times parking at smaller trail heads is a pita. I have gotten use to it in pretty much all parking lots.
    Back up cam is extremely helpful & I added an oem kit w/ homelink mirror. Best mod ever.
    I also was able to find a set of nearly new RW tire/wheel pkg off a tundra site, swapped out the chrome grill for color match.
    I love my truck but the tacoma certainly is best suited for trail runs in forests where I live, nimble.
    I tried out a 2013 Tacoma for I thought I wanted to go back but just couldn't.

7. Nov 13, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    They will be redesigning the 2014 Tundra models with some interesting changes. I am seriously considering selling my tacoma to move to the larger Tundra but I am going to wait and see what the new look will be. If I can get the same gas mileage from the larger vehicle , why not.

8. Nov 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM
    stuckinoh

stuckinoh Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    OH
    Vehicle:
    Big Black Truck
    TUNDRA
    I guess my main beef right now is the fuel economy. I love everything else about the truck. Mine is a daily driver and has the V8 5.7 liter so maybe that's the other problem. I love the overall bed space, but I don't tow much either so the bed and interior space is the main reason I wanted mine. Overall it is a toss up between Tundra and Tacoma. If you can get the same gas mileage go for it.

9. Nov 13, 2012 at 7:28 AM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I have an 07 DBL Cab Limited 5.7... x2 on the fuel economy... ouch...

10. Nov 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the input everyone, I think I'll see what the 2014 has in store.

11. Nov 17, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    GWinstead

GWinstead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Had one of these pull up next to me at a light this week. I had to come to this subforum to get the scoop on it. Yes, a Bad-ass look for sure.

12. Dec 22, 2012 at 7:38 AM
    chart92

chart92 Hailstate!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    McChord AFB, WA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Corolla S
    I have a 2010 OR w/ the 5.7 4x4 DC. My tacoma got so much better gas milage and don't need such a big ass truck. I'm skinny dude. And I just miss and love the Tacoma. To me it's a better truck all around.

13. Dec 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    I'm seriously looking at a 2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4. I've been going back and forth with the dealer trying to get my monthly payment around $600.00 per month that includes a trade in of my 2010 Tacoma DC 4x4.

Right now I'm looking at $42,800 out the door for the Tundra.

Besides the payment holding me back is the manual transmission my Tacoma has. I absolutely love driving a manual.

14. Dec 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    :eek:

15. Dec 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM
    socal16

socal16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    las vegas nv
    Vehicle:
    08 trd offroad black 4x4!!!
    wheels and tires, k&n cold air intake, limo tint,bhlm,TRD seatcovers, OME lift
    not a bad deal, as long as interest isnt high, i paid 48k out the door for my tundra and wasnt limited

16. Dec 24, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    sub. reading all info. trying to talk dad into getting a new one at the end of next year.(talk him into a ’13 since they are coming out with new style in ’14.

he has a ’00 4.7v8 that has ver 200k hard worked and driven miles on it. he wants a newer one, and i think end of next year will be good becaise they will try and discount what they have left to make room for the new ’14s

17. Dec 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM
    chart92

chart92 Hailstate!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    McChord AFB, WA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Corolla S
    I paid $31k out the door my 10 and it wasnt limited. payments at $439

18. Dec 24, 2012 at 2:44 AM
    CantSitStill

CantSitStill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FTR
    CNY
    Holy shit! Is that a 6 year loan?

19. Dec 24, 2012 at 4:29 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    This is the 0% interest deal that Toyota Financial Services is currently running

20. Dec 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    replica9000

replica9000 Das ist no bueno

Member:
    Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP
    I've been thinking of getting a Tundra. I'm also waiting to see what the 2014 looks like. I'm assuming all of the 2012+ trucks now come with a blue dash instead of orange? I'm mostly interested because I need the cab space. I can't see starting over on another Tacoma for an extra foot of cab space.

To Top