1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tuning????

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 48747, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM

48747 [OP] Member

Member:
    Fla
    Adding amp tomorrow,I talked to Matt with image dynamics and set my amp to his recommendations 90hertz on front and rear along with sub. My question is when tuning I am guessing to tune with the radio on flat but what about the other settings on the radio end,do I need to adjust any of the levels other than the eq.sorry if this sounds confusing .

Pioneer4200,jl xd 700/5, ID 6.5 components in front, ID 6.5 coax in rear,1 IDQ 10 v3 as the sub.

2. Jan 5, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    ItalynStylion

ItalynStylion Sounds Gooooood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    DFW, Tx.
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4
    If the headunit comes with a crossover you should set the one on your headunit. Not because it will sound different than if you set the one on the amp but because it's easier to change the one on the headunit should you decided to make changes later.

What I like to do is use a double crossover for protection. If your headunit is set at 80hz for the front speakers set the amp's crossover a little higher. That way the "effective" crossover is still 80hz. But, in the event you disconnect your battery or the headunit's settings get reset the amp's crossover is fixed and you wont have to worry about blowing anything up.

Hopefully that made sense.

90hz isn't likely to be a selectable option on any headunit either. Go with 80 if it's available. If your headunit doesn't have a crossover on it I'd still suggest doing 80hz on the amp.

3. Jan 6, 2011 at 12:47 AM
    shaneckc

shaneckc Fyntünd Designs Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR Package DCLB 4x4
    if you have a sub, no point in running your speaker crossovers at 80hz. set it to around 100-120 to prevent overdriving and for better SQ. as stalyon said, setting the crossover on your amp and head unit the same is a good idea.

Products Discussed in

To Top