1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Turbo v6 . . .

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by revhappyleon, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Jun 5, 2010 at 11:41 PM
    LuckeyTRD

LuckeyTRD rIDIN wHEELIEz!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Evans, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner ALL TERRAIN
    BHLM, Blacked out tails, window tint 5%, tinted windshield , 8000k hids hi/lo and fogs. Black side badges, debadged tailgate, camburg 1.25" uniball UCA's, Camburg 4" spindles, ext. brake lines, Fox remote resi coilovers. Fox 2.0 Pro series rear piggybacks, 3" Allpro Leaf pack, OEM roof rack, Brush guard. Custom TRD allterrain decals. UWS low profile black toolbox
    go with the 300 then if its accessable to you for so much... plus those are decent turbos

2. Jun 5, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    revhappyleon

revhappyleon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner V6 6-speed(custom dual exhaust)
    dual exhaust, foglight anytime, satoshi, chlm, aux backup lights and electric fan conversion
    hmmm neither of those are very common in the junkyards here though, well maybe older golf and gti diesels

3. Jun 5, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    revhappyleon

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    dual exhaust, foglight anytime, satoshi, chlm, aux backup lights and electric fan conversion
    anybody know max boost on a 300zx TT?

4. Jun 5, 2010 at 11:53 PM
    LuckeyTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Evans, GA
    Vehicle:
    BHLM, Blacked out tails, window tint 5%, tinted windshield , 8000k hids hi/lo and fogs. Black side badges, debadged tailgate, camburg 1.25" uniball UCA's, Camburg 4" spindles, ext. brake lines, Fox remote resi coilovers. Fox 2.0 Pro series rear piggybacks, 3" Allpro Leaf pack, OEM roof rack, Brush guard. Custom TRD allterrain decals. UWS low profile black toolbox
    stock turbos max boost after tune is like 16 per turbo so 32 33 ish combined... but super bad ass built engine

5. Jun 5, 2010 at 11:55 PM
    LuckeyTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Evans, GA
    Vehicle:
    thats actually on my buddy's 300... hes dumped some serious money in that thing. but i think his compressor wheels and front housings are aftermarket

6. Jun 5, 2010 at 11:57 PM
    skulltacoma

skulltacoma Make more better!

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 toyota tacoma trd modified
    CAI, dynomax turbo exhaust system,tinted windows medium on the fronts to match the backs, hid kit hi and low beam, pop and lock tailgate, painted calipers red with caliper paint, put 2.25' leveling kit in front and a 1" block in the rear. its now level and rides WAY better (readylift)>way nicer than the revtek my buddy has i think its garbage imo<, hurst "T" shifter, 18 x 10 american racing (can't remember the name) chrome rims with badass 5 inch lip :), 12 inch rockford fosgate punch with rockford fosgate 600 watt amp, bushwacker fender flares (cheaper than replacing the one i wrecked lol) ,kc light bar with kc lights, toyota aluminum stamped skid plate, and a skull front license plate. More mods to come, thinking a 6 inch lift and arb bumper etc etc.
    :D :popcorn: yeah i just want more power to burn some rubber in second and squak the tires in third haha :burnrubber:

7. Jun 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    revhappyleon

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    :confused: i just found some info saying 9.5 stock. and that thing must be a beast (even though boost doesn't add up like that:p) i considered just putting the 300 back together but it needs a new block and the tech that pulled it apart doesn't even remember how it goes together cuz it was 10 months ago

8. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:00 AM
    skulltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    CAI, dynomax turbo exhaust system,tinted windows medium on the fronts to match the backs, hid kit hi and low beam, pop and lock tailgate, painted calipers red with caliper paint, put 2.25' leveling kit in front and a 1" block in the rear. its now level and rides WAY better (readylift)>way nicer than the revtek my buddy has i think its garbage imo<, hurst "T" shifter, 18 x 10 american racing (can't remember the name) chrome rims with badass 5 inch lip :), 12 inch rockford fosgate punch with rockford fosgate 600 watt amp, bushwacker fender flares (cheaper than replacing the one i wrecked lol) ,kc light bar with kc lights, toyota aluminum stamped skid plate, and a skull front license plate. More mods to come, thinking a 6 inch lift and arb bumper etc etc.
    i have a buddy with a 600 hp supra here and its off the wall but yeah serious money dumped into the engine i may look to him to see about turboing my truck because god knows tacomas are kewl but if they had a turbo.... they would just be plain SICK!!! LOL

9. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:02 AM
    skulltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    revhappyleon what do you have for a dual exhaust is it true dual ?

10. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:02 AM
    revhappyleon

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    hmm just get a stage 2 clutch:) . . . i just realized i'll need a new clutch :( -$475 for a stage IV

11. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:06 AM
    revhappyleon

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    yeah it's a true dual duh! lol i've got about a foot and a half of 2.5' and a thrush welded style muffler dumped at the rear of the cab right in front of the gas tank on the driver and i did the other side to match. it was 30 a piece for the mufflers and the O2 sensor bungs cost more than the tubing at 4.50 each

12. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:08 AM
    skulltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    k so with all that said do you have some pictures and did you notive loss in back pressure or gains if any i am seriously thinking a true dual magnaflow :)

13. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:09 AM
    LuckeyTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Evans, GA
    Vehicle:
    why dont we all just drop 2JZETT ENGINES in our trucks and tune them and call it a day

14. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:11 AM
    revhappyleon

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    :p

15. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:13 AM
    skulltacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    BEN
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    hahahahahah yeah that would be nice to drop a new engine i always said i would drop the 4.7L toyota V8 with a supercharger IF i managed to blow up the 4L .... and thats a big IF.

16. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    revhappyleon

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    i did notice a drop in low rpm torque but it pulls more up top i'll take some pics 2moro i painted it black with header paint and it turned out badass. if you go with straight through mags go 2" to help maintain some teeny bit of back pressure and try and run some tailpipes cuz the freeway drone is horrendous. i'll be adding some soon

17. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    LuckeyTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Evans, GA
    Vehicle:
    excuse me for my typo and missing one letter out of a motor name... lol [​IMG] haha

18. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:17 AM
    revhappyleon

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    4.7? you know they make a blower for the 5.7 right? 504 hp 550 ft/lbs! they installed one at the dealership i used to work at and 12.5" tires on the rear and the tech said anywhere below 40 mph it could break the tires loose:D

19. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:17 AM
    revhappyleon

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    where's that cyanide and hapiness sig! with the two sherrifs?

20. Jun 6, 2010 at 12:18 AM
    revhappyleon

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    Tampa near macdill
    Vehicle:
    heh heh perfect timing[​IMG][/url]

Products Discussed in

To Top