1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Turn signal light issue, stays on, solid

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by wmgibble, Mar 11, 2013.

1. wmgibble

wmgibble [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Lancaster PA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Can anyone help? No sure if I have an electrical gremlin or not... Without my headlights on, turn signals work fine. When I turn my headlights on, my left rear turn signal light stays on solid, both the indicator in the cab and the left rear turn signal bulb. When I use the left signal it does flash but stays on solid after I turn it off or the turn has been made. No issue with the right side and all other lights seem to be working fine. Has anyone encountered anything like this before? My first thought was the fuse box but the lights are working.... Possibly a relay... Or... Electrical gremlin? Of course Toyota just wants me to make an appointment and pay them

2. Large

Large Red

Member:
    Maybe bad relay, sounds like it's getting a constant hot.

3. tacomataco2

tacomataco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastham Mass
    Vehicle:
    02 Dbl cab Silver
    Bilstein 5100's, eibach coils, u bolt flip, Dakars/d6xl, Ome shackles, Poly sway bar bush, Poly rack bush, voltmeter, led guage lights, magnaflow stainless catback, stainless cats, deckplate mod, afe filter, tundra brakes,PIAA fogs behind grillecraft, color matched grille, soft topper, Projector retrofit, Allpro bumper , Blitzpro light bars, Alpine/ rock fosgate sound system, 35% tint, Some derped stuff
    When you turn on the hazard lights, do they work normally?

4. wmgibble

wmgibble [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Lancaster PA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Thanks guys, after chasing my tail today, and switching/replacing bulbs...the problem remains but it appears to be the power for the running/ turn signal bulb. The turn signals have 2 filaments, one for turn and the other for running lights. The left front running light on the passenger side is not working, I tried swapping out the left bulb to see if it was the filament, but it wasn't, both bulbs work fine on the right side, but the problem remains as described in the first tread... When lights/ and or running lights are on the left indicator in the cab and left rear turn signal light stay on solid, unless the blinker is on, then the blinker works until the turn is made or I turn it off...then back to solid and so on. Also the four ways do work correctly....any suggestions?

To Top