1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Turtle Wax Black Detailer

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by VirginiaBound, Apr 16, 2011.

1. VirginiaBound

VirginiaBound [OP] Whyareyoureadingthis?

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam I am, green eggs and ham
    North of Maine, South of Spain
    Has anyone had experience with the Black Detailer from Turtle Wax? Being a Turtle Wax product, I don't give it much hope. :p

I have a friend who swears by it, I picked some up today and will try it after a wash in the morning. It claims to give a wet look to black paint and remove swirls. Basically its a sealant that will mask swirls for a day or two, but my truck is filthy after a day at work anyway, so its no biggie.

I would never use this on a new truck, I do understand that this is not a correct procedure for paint correction.

Im excited to see how it turns out, if I can get my camera back I will have pictures on here tommorow.

2. bigdaddytaco

bigdaddytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jared
    sylva nc
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma
    ARB bumper 3 inch oldman emu lift piaa fog lights
    i wont to know what a best wax money can buy would be

3. Socalrunner

Socalrunner Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Glendora
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Offroad 4x4 DCSB
    Icon Coilovers
    Use the black box by turtle wax. I used it on my old car and each time i used it the paint would look better little by little

4. VirginiaBound

Member:
    First Name:
    I apologize it took so long for a response. To make a long story short, my computer is a little under the weather.

I have a ton of pictures Im going to upload here in the next few minutes. I love the stuff!

5. VirginiaBound

Member:
    First Name:
    Here are some before shots of the paint. Notice the swirls and specks in the hood.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After finishing the wash. I did still have a decent bead without anything added. Im a synthetic wax guy, I dont like the paste. Unfortunally I always just grab the cheap stuff from Advanced Auto rather than get professional products and do it right. But who cares :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

And here is the finished product. It came out fantastic! The paint has a very smooth, glossy appearance even in direct sunlight. I had a picture of the hood to show a before and after. It isnt showing on my memory card. :mad:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also did my door jams.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is by all means a great alternative to buffing. Im sure this product only lasts a few weeks but it has held up so far. I drove through about 3 hours of rain on the interstate today and the truck still looks pretty clean.

To Top