1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TW Forum posting technique question

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Madjik_Man, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Jun 15, 2013 at 9:02 AM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man [OP] The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    In my build thread I like to put links to my mods. However I have no idea how to do it other than posting the huge long URL.

I've seen forums where if you insert a link, you can put a title to it like, "Here" and the only thing you see is a hyperlinked word, "Here"

For example, this is how it looks in my build thread:

DYI Line-X Restoration: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1s...djik-mans-laugh-him-build-16.html#post6836852

I want it to look like:

DYI Line-X Restoration: Here

(with the word Here being a click through to said link)

Thanks in advance

2. Jun 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you type " Here " and then highlight it and click the URL button-Should do what you want.

3. Jun 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    For a manual method, you can type it out using URL tags. In the open tag, you enter the url after an equal sign:
    [url=some_web_url]
    Then you type your text and close it with an end url tag: [/url]

It looks like this when you type it:

[url=http://www.google.com]This is Google's link[/url]

Looks like this when it posts:
    This is Google's link

Products Discussed in

To Top