1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TW Forum posting technique question

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Madjik_Man, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Jun 15, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Madjik_Man [OP] The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Dec 2, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    1998 Ext Cab 4x4 TRD 5MT sunfire red pearl
    About 25 pounds of spray paint and vinyl dye
    In my build thread I like to put links to my mods. However I have no idea how to do it other than posting the huge long URL.

I've seen forums where if you insert a link, you can put a title to it like, "Here" and the only thing you see is a hyperlinked word, "Here"

For example, this is how it looks in my build thread:

DYI Line-X Restoration: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1s...djik-mans-laugh-him-build-16.html#post6836852

I want it to look like:

DYI Line-X Restoration: Here

(with the word Here being a click through to said link)

Thanks in advance
  2. Jun 15, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Brunes abides.

May 31, 2008
    First Name:
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If you type " Here " and then highlight it and click the URL button-Should do what you want.
  3. Jun 17, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Aug 8, 2007
    First Name:
    Escondido, CA
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    For a manual method, you can type it out using URL tags. In the open tag, you enter the url after an equal sign:
    Then you type your text and close it with an end url tag: [/url]

It looks like this when you type it:

[url=http://www.google.com]This is Google's link[/url]

Looks like this when it posts:
    This is Google's link
To Top