1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TW Harlan, KY Meet Picture & Video Thread!

Discussion in 'South East' started by MedlinAround, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Oct 24, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    Hell yeah. I felt the same about my rear setup when I finished welding it up 4 days before the trip and didn't fully test it until I got there. Lol that's awesome though. It's def a feel good when you put a lot of time and effort in something and it works better then you imagined.

Could you fit 40s? I been a fan boy of the KM series since the 1s came out. A lot of offroading and well over 50k in road life and they perform great. Perfect for the terrain we ride

2. Oct 24, 2013 at 5:45 AM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Yeah thanks to all the tubbing I did to stuff when I was LT, I can switch to a 40 and still have no rubbing at all. Now I just need $$$ lol.

3. Oct 24, 2013 at 7:21 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    Yeah I know that feeling. Them bitches ain't cheap. You gonna get some Krawlers? I love those tires

4. Oct 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
  5. Oct 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    You must have these. I would never compare them to km2s. Dude said he does 50% off-road and on road and only got 20k out of them. HA! I've got almost 40k on my 33 km2s with half tread left. The sidewalls are stronger, I guarantee you they are better in mud and on rocks, they ride very smooth and quiet on the street (the 35s run smoother then the 33s), and my personal opinion .... They look better. I like my $1400 tires. :D

6. Oct 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    It's cool. I understand. $1400 tires.

Would just say to re-read the entire op.

7. Oct 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    I read it all the first time. Sounds like he found a much better tire then his previous one for his application. That's awesome. He referrences that these are the best m/t tires he's used. Not the best out there. That makes this an opinion. Maybe he should try the KM2s next to have an actual comparison between these 2 tires specifically. Let me point out a few thangs I noticed ........ How does he know what "translates" into normal driving miles!? That makes no sense. Tire wear depends on things like: weight of vehicle, tire pressure run, what terrain it's run on, outside temp, tire height and width, load rating, proper tire balance, alignment, ........ Maybe a few more. Plus what classifies someone as "normal"? Am I normal? (Don't answer that) and do I do normal driving on normal terrain? My thought of "normal" people in his instance is people who drive on concrete 99.99999999% of the time with the only offroading coming from driving down their gravel driveway then parking in the yard (cough cough Levi cough cough).

Next observation, which once again is written in detail by him from his tire experiences only, is the toughness of the tire. He drives over some of the worst terrain imaginable. Race teams run KM2s on trophy trucks in some of the most extreme endurance races in the world. Events such as the Baja Series, Snore Series, SRRS, and KOTH Series are a few to name. These tires are proven by the most elite teams and drivers on the planet to compete at the highest level of competition, proving their longevity and toughness time and time again. Are there any teams running his tires? I don't know the answer to that question but I would guess no.

He also states that they seem to be equal on all types of terrains. KM2s excel on rocks and in mud. They can be driven on other terrains but the tread and sidewall designs were made for higher performance in those areas. I need a tire that performs in those areas. Combine that with a 60k + tread life and a high level of performance reputation and I'm very happy to pay money for them.

I'm not knocking those tires. They actually seem like a really good tire for the price. I just don't see the comparison between the two, especially comparing them for my specific needs.

Aight Chris ........ your turn ;)

8. Oct 25, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    NwiTACO

NwiTACO Big tars, little/no bed.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport
    Custom Everything, 1 Ton Axles F & R
    Best tire IMHO would be a cross breed of the MTR Kevlar and KM2. Tread of the KM2, sidewall of the MTR. Until they make it I am sticking with the KM2.

This past weekend in Harlan, My KM2's were hooking up better than my buddy's Maxxis Creepy Crawlers...he was pissed :D

Once you warm up a KM2 it grabs anything.

9. Oct 25, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    I don't have a gravel drive way Gideon! You of all people should know this.... :)

10. Oct 25, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    Haha nice. Yeah I bet he was. And I agree, the sidewalls are their weak point but that makes them so much more streetable. That's why you need the Krawlers. Ooooohhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhhh!!
    I'm surprised you made it that far through all that. Lol and my bad, it's concrete with gravel sprinkled on it. :p

11. Oct 25, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    MedlinAround

MedlinAround [OP] Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD off-road edition Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    Maybe for a a good price on some all of those Christmas lights you're running on the front if that rig of yours lol.

12. Oct 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    Hey ......... Back up off my shit *****! Speaking of which, did you ever buy somethin?

13. Oct 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    MedlinAround

MedlinAround [OP] Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD off-road edition Tacoma
    Bilstein 5100's, OME 885X Coils, Dakar HD Springs, Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks, Magnaflow exhaust, Volant Intake, OKledlight pods, Front Skid Plate, Weathertec Floor Liners, Custom Bed Rack, TRD Nation interior LED dome kit, 4X innovations sliders, DIY Roof Rack, Smittybilt RTT.
    Nope, not yet. I need to get in that group by, almost too good of a deal to pass up.

14. Oct 28, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    Make it happen

15. Oct 28, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    13tacoma4x4

13tacoma4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Central Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    13 4x4 double cab trd sport
    Aries bull bar Nerf bars 15% tint all the way around 3" lift
    I live in central kentucky and been looking for a place like this in ky to take my taco. Wish I had known about this... Looks like a hell of a time! Where in Harlan is this and any ideas when y'all are doing it again! Would love to join

16. Oct 28, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    13tacoma4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Central Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Looks like a great time. I've been looking for somewhere in ky to take the taco off road! Didn't have any idea y'all did this cause I wish I coulda been apart of it. Next time y'all do this id like in on it. Thanks

17. Oct 28, 2013 at 7:38 PM
    drunktaco

drunktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sage
    Southwest Va
    Icon ext travel C/O's, Total Chaos UCA's, King R/R shocks, All-Pro leaf pack, lights, RCI skid, Brute Force sliders, ect.
    I'm not that far away. If you want to go let me know

18. Oct 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    13tacoma4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Central Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Sounds good I appreciate it! Might have to get it in before fall is over if my work schedule allows it

19. Oct 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    drunktaco

drunktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sage
    Southwest Va
    Icon ext travel C/O's, Total Chaos UCA's, King R/R shocks, All-Pro leaf pack, lights, RCI skid, Brute Force sliders, ect.
    Let me know, just an hour or so away

20. Oct 28, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    13tacoma4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Central Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    Sounds good