1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Investments ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Investments' started by kairo, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Aug 23, 2022 at 2:56 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    the meme is a gross over simplification...but isnt that essentially the whole point of your comment though? "If we increase taxes and penalties on high income entities it will discourage economic success and and effect everyone equally"

in other words, if the people at the top pay less it will equally effect people below them? perhaps we could say that the value...trickles down to everyone equally?

2. Aug 23, 2022 at 2:57 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Literally quoted from the article, if you had read it all the way through:

3. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:00 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Incorrect.

The harm is universal. The benefits in absence of that harm are not.

If I put 5 people in a box and set it on fire, they all have an equivalent negative outcome. If I do not set the box on fire, some of them may have better lives than others, but they do not endure the equitable harm of burning to death in a box.

4. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:00 PM
    kairo

kairo [OP] >_>

Member:
    Nor Nev
    Vehicle:
    '20 OR DCLB Quicksand
    Makes me laugh that if you're poor and don't pay your taxes, they fine you and ruin your life, but if you're rich and don't pay taxes, they put you on the cover of Forbes.

Wishbone Runner and 99TacoDriver like this.
  5. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:01 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    ah yes. the world economy working exactly as it should. the whole process is perfect and there is nothing at all to change here. those fucking milenials are so lazy, and complain so much. they just need to be more industrious

upload_2022-8-23_16-0-53.jpg

99TacoDriver and kairo[OP] like this.
  6. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:02 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    The rich almost always pay their taxes. They have the money to do so.

7. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:02 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    that is as useless a metaphor as the trickle down wine glass photo i posted. it oversimplifies the situation by such a laughable amount it adds zero value to the conversation

8. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:04 PM
    kairo

kairo [OP] >_>

Member:
    Nor Nev
    Vehicle:
    '20 OR DCLB Quicksand
    I'm not talking about the guy earning $2m a year who still has to pay income tax. I'm talking about the guy with $10b in NW that doesn't pay a dime because of his charitable trusts and borrowing against assets and capital.

:bananadead:

9. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:04 PM
    kairo

kairo [OP] >_>

Member:
    Nor Nev
    Vehicle:
    '20 OR DCLB Quicksand
    Yah, I didn't quite get that one either lol

10. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:06 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    this has been fun yall. im out though.

11. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:07 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    I think you just refuse to recognize that removing a harm does not mean an equal and opposite good is automatically implemented.

Sadly (?), the world is complex.

98tacoma27 likes this.
  12. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:07 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Is he breaking any laws?

98tacoma27 likes this.
  13. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:09 PM
    kairo

kairo [OP] >_>

Member:
    Nor Nev
    Vehicle:
    '20 OR DCLB Quicksand
    Hence my entire point ad infinitum. The laws need changed. The way the system is set up right now benefits a very, very small minority of people at the expense of, quite literally, everyone else. Wall street, the SEC, and the banking structures need a massive overhaul.

98tacoma27 and 99TacoDriver like this.
  14. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:11 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Do you pay more tax each year than you are legally required to pay?

98tacoma27 likes this.
  15. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:13 PM
    kairo

kairo [OP] >_>

Member:
    Nor Nev
    Vehicle:
    '20 OR DCLB Quicksand
    Of course not. If you want to argue in circles, that's fine. I'm basically getting screwed the hardest anyways. Single male in a decent bracket. I earn enough to pay the most, and not enough to get any of the loopholes or perks.

98tacoma27 likes this.
  16. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:23 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    So Im not going to argue that there aren't beneficial reforms that could be applied to the system. Of course there are.

But "more taxes for thee and less for me" is just envy and sour grapes at other people who are where you would prefer to be in one aspect or another.

98tacoma27 and not_nick like this.
  17. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:34 PM
    kairo

kairo [OP] >_>

Member:
    Nor Nev
    Vehicle:
    '20 OR DCLB Quicksand
    One time offer, give me $20m. I'll pay $10m to the IRS, way more than I should have to pay, and live happily with the other $10m.

I'm not envious or jealous. I'm perfectly content paying my taxes. It, you know, builds roads and shit that I use. Do I think my taxes are grossly mis-allocated, yes. Do I think that just because you're one of the wealthiest people on earth that you should be able to effectively pay $0 towards the society we live in because you can exploit the system? Absolutely not.

98tacoma27 and TreeFortRichard like this.
  18. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:53 PM
    99TacoDriver

99TacoDriver Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Louisiana
    OME 885x/5100s/LR UCA/3 leaf AAL/275/70/17 Terra Trac X-Venture
    TLDR: buy more GME in hopes it takes down the whole system

MY50cal and montijo505 like this.
  19. Aug 23, 2022 at 3:54 PM
    kairo

kairo [OP] >_>

Member:
    Nor Nev
    Vehicle:
    '20 OR DCLB Quicksand
    :rocket:

20. Aug 23, 2022 at 4:04 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Show me an example of this.

98tacoma27 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top