1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TW member vandalizing TOTW

Discussion in 'Moab' started by Mach375, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM
    rutacoma

rutacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX TRD DCSB
    No no no, i drive a good truck jk

2. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:15 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
  3. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:16 PM
    melikeymy beer

melikeymy beer Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    You are welcome for the diversion tactic ;)

4. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:16 PM
    Gearheadesw

Gearheadesw must modify

Member:
    Davenport Fl
    Vehicle:
    1 truck 1 car 1 motorcycle
    Whew, just think if he would have done something to his truck that scraped and ground a rock into his rear fender, scratching the rock in the process. Hate graffiti on places in the middle of nowhere, but I feel that people got WAY out of hand in this thread. I waited until things got cleared up to post anything, but what a bunch pack mentality bull shit, really? So much more in this world to get that upset about, yeah it's wrong, but it's a rock. We scrape our trucks through these trails marking the natural obstacles along the way, on purpose, and no one through a hissy fit. Then oil on the trail from carnage, no one jumps up and down and screams for death of the individual. For your own sake, relax.

Aussiek2000, Syvman, Onlydad and 3 others like this.
  5. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:17 PM
    melikeymy beer

melikeymy beer Hold my beer and watch this

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Nice try dude :rofl:

6. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:17 PM
    FritoBandito

FritoBandito Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited 4X4 DCSB
    Not sure if this is allowed so moderators please let me know if not and I will delete. I thought this was relevant to this thread and the potential threats to the trails we enjoy.

I got an email last week from friends who enjoy riding dirt bikes and off-roading in southwest Colorado and Moab area and was asked to sign and spread the word about this petition.

If you guys could sign the petition supporting NO national monuments in and around the Moab area, it will help support the cause. we stand to loose a ton of riding area if this goes thru. basically everything from green river to the az border, all of southeastern utah.pass it on to others if you can, there are not enough riders in the moab area to defend thier cause and need outside help!! thanks

We have 2 petitions for you to review and sign. This will only take 30 seconds to do. HURRY We only have 30 days to get 100,000 signatures. If everyone who gets this email signs the petitions we will hit that number and the White House will be obligated to formally respond.

Petition 1: No Monument Without Formal Local Support
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...tions-without-congressional-and-state-support

Petition 2: No Bears Ears National Monument
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ignation-bears-ears-region-south-eastern-utah

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:25 PM
    TBuzz

TBuzz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    00' 4runner, No Longer Stock
    Bumpers, Sliders, 33's, ADS f&r, budbuilt, home built belly and bumper, s/c, urd,4.88, arb's

Not that it matters but I don't believe you. I called this morning and talked to the secretary at 7:45. She said to me that Myles wasn't in but I could leave him a VM. I did that as I stated earlier in this thread. It was not difficult to get through as the office is very small. I also got a call from the park ranger since I have photos of one of the offenders vehicle. I would think of you guys did contact them they would not be contacting me.

Edit...Maybe I know more than you as well but a local JEEP club is going to clean it up for you. Maybe you guys could donate some money to Tread Lightly in good faith and tag the $100 bills.

8. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:26 PM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    If you guys think he's actually going to drive 14 hours to clean this up, solely to please a few internet forums, you've got another thing coming :rofl:

Mach375[OP] and Cuffs like this.
  9. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:39 PM
    BDL5589

BDL5589 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '14 MGM 4WD RC
    Agreed.

If you angry people were this concerned about elections, our land and trails wouldn't be so regulated in the first place.

10. Aug 5, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    Onlydad

Onlydad Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma
    Stock
    All that comes to mind is "He who has commited no sin, should cast the first stone". We have all made mistakes. Nothing will make this right, the clean up will do more harm than good, but may well be the only solution. I myself have been disgusted upon my return to trails that were once pristine and only a few years later were devoid of trees/shrubs etc. Some would argue well that the only solution is no wheeling at all.. I'm even more suprised/disappointed with the moderators weighing in on this.. Really it comes down to education, lets see to it the new younger members get taught what "Tread lightly" really means to all of us..

Good luck..

11. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:01 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    I'm a little confused by that statement. Would you rather us not say anything and let this slide? What are we to do the next instance? Are we to sit by and not offer our perspective and moderate the forum per the established rules for conduct?

I'm a former Tread Lightly trainer, I've wheeled countless miles off highway. I don't drink and wheel, take a few trash bags along with me to clean up other people's trash, coordinated several trail clean ups, stay on the marked trails and surely don't deface public lands. As a member and moderator I'm entitled to make statements and comment about something I'm concerned about. If it's not something you feel we as the staff should do, all I can offer is that it's something you're going to have to deal with.

Zizzle, Kumunoy, Acerwin and 10 others like this.
  12. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:03 PM
    Syvman

Syvman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2009 Red SR5 4x4 DCSB
    I've been going to Queen Valley here in AZ for target shooting since 2005 or so. To be honest, I'm surprised that whole area hasn't been shut down. The place is absolutely trashed. Nobody stays on the maintained trails with their OHVs, people shoot anything they can put in their sights (signs, cactus, trees, etc.), and there are shitpiles of trash everywhere. Every time I leave I end up filling the bed of my truck nearly full of trash. They even put a dumpster out there near the entrance and people STILL leave crap all over. So it's tough for me to condemn someone for writing on a rock. Nobody died, nothing went extinct, the sun still came up the next day. The ones involved admitted wrongdoing and appear willing to correct the situation in any way they can. Seems like a decent way for the story to end.

ODNAREM and dtaco06 like this.
  13. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:29 PM
    Onlydad

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma
    Stock
    I'm dealing with it now, don't piss on me because I see fault in some of your statements.. As a moderator you should be above a common retoric, seemingly you're unable. My issue isn't bringing this up as a concern.. My issue is the "TOO" people (The op, you, others) getting too upset and being too good for the rest of us.. My point is we need to educate not prosecute.. Perhaps this to, eludes you..

I'm a little confused by a few of your statements, we're even.. As a "former Tread Lightly trainer" I'm amazed you haven't spearheaded the initiative and started a sticky titled "Tread lightly the How to".. in it you could mention things like how its all of our responsibility to step up and pitch in, carry the weak etc. You touched a great point with "bring along spare bag and pick up some trash" but what about "we all carry a pull strap, how about a spill kit"??

Where's the "Tread Lightly" section?? As a responsible supporter of offroading I'm looking forward to you getting this educational process underfoot here at TW..

Thankyou..

melikeymy beer likes this.
  14. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:31 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Since you bring it up.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/tread-lightly.70648/

Boomkanani, Zizzle, JDM and 13 others like this.
  15. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:33 PM
    Taco_Vandalism

Taco_Vandalism Member

Member:
    You're forgetting one thing, wheeling where he was at was LEGAL. With that, there are understandings that rocks will get tire marks, paint may get rubbed off on an obstacle, etc. There is also the understanding and laws, if you spill oil clean it up, stay on the trail, pack out what you pack in etc.

Graffiti however, is not Legal no matter how you try to spin it.

We have been lucky enough to have these trails available to us that people drive/fly thousands of miles to use, if people come and show no respect, these areas are going to close and no one will get to use it.

I'm not arguing that some may have taken it too far, but it is a serious matter when millions of dollars a year are fighting to keep these areas available to us all.

If we as a group do not care if the rules & laws we have been given are followed, then why should we as a group be able to use it.

Education can be self taught and I think we can all agree adults know graffiti is illegal.

At worst, read the big ole' sign when entering a state/national park which is there to be read or look it up online beforehand.

16. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:34 PM
    Onlydad

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma
    Stock
  17. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:44 PM
    DrFunker

DrFunker Well-Known Member

Member:
    It's f'n stickied. What more would you like? :facepalm:

18. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:46 PM
    Taco Addiction

Taco Addiction We found Jimmy

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Kings, SCS Wheels and other mall crawling crap
    Damn right

digitaLbraVo[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:46 PM
    TashcomerTexas

TashcomerTexas My truck is a whiner

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD DC King Ranch Edition
    Chances are if he knows your # he can find where you live. Just saying, not trying to bump it to .2%.

20. Aug 5, 2016 at 3:47 PM
    Iamraiderpower

Iamraiderpower Well-Known Member

Member:
    @Acerwin that didnt take too long after we discussed it this morning did it? :D

Acerwin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top