1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TW... my online parents.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cbcs1987, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    When I first got my truck, the first thing I wanted was a bullbar. My awesome girlfriend got me one shortly after for my birthday. I am lucky to not only have a gf that buys me truck parts once in a while....but loves me fixin' it up!

I basically had the old familiar teenage rebellious attitude with people on here when it came to bullbars...like how I used to disagree with my parents back in the day, just to be disagreeing. I figured the people who said bullbars would just damage your truck were ignorant and just didn't take good approaches to obstacles. HA! Jokes on me. I have wheeled my truck quite a bit, but the bullbar finally caught up to me. I bumped a downed tree the other day with it, and bent in the skid plate,or whatever you call it...didn't mangle it, but shown me what it couldn't hold up to.

So now, I'm getting a new/real bumper sometime around the end of summer after I do my lift. I am also gonna go ahead and get a winch...most likely the Warn 9.5. Sliders are going on at the same time as well.

I hate to get rid of the bullbar just because I don't want her to think i dont appreciate it, but I simply need a solid bumper on the truck. Maybe it won't be that big of a deal since she is fixing to get an engagement ring lol.

So, my hats off to you, TacomaWorld. You repeatedly told me not to, but I didn't listen!

Photoshop thanks to Evil Monkey.

[​IMG]

Probably gonna paint the chrome grill surround black to flow with the headlights and bumper...

edit- not my truck. Just a general idea of what the front will look like.

2. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    I dunno, if you explain it around teh same time you pop the big question, you should be ok. Beware: right hooks, frying pans and thrown dishes may head your way.
    Also, Good luck and congrats in advance!

3. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    cbcs1987

cbcs1987 [OP] Redneck from the hills

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4wd access cab
    6" Fabtech coilover lift. 35/12.50/17 Mickey Thompson MTZ, 17x9 ProComp 1089 wheels painted black, UWS black lowprofile toolbox, husky liners, tacoma bed mat, bed lights, Premier stereo, Cobra 19 cb, firestik 3' antenna.
    I like the way you think :D She's great, I'm sure she will understand. Since I am getting her a really nice ring, she is paying for the lift and tires haha. It is her "engagement present" to me.

4. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Thats a nice looking PS bumper. It is photoshopped right?

5. Apr 28, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    Andrew H

Andrew H What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    Great! The one sentence that I don't read out of pure laziness and distraction.

Products Discussed in

To Top