1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tw5 plans

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by chaos316, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Nov 20, 2011 at 12:25 AM
    chaos316

chaos316 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement TRD PRO
    285/75/16 BFG KO2 Ditch Lights
    Ive already tried searching, does anyone have plans for 1 13tw5 enclosure behind the seat in a double cab? id like to build my own box. I'm in college and I'm almost broke. I'm pretty sure i read that mr. mary charges for his plans so i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me out

2. Nov 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    platinumb

platinumb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD OR DC Supercharged
    supercharger, focal/jl audio sound system, trd cat back
    Good choice on the sub I am putting 2 of those in. I dont have a "plan" drawn for a basic box but it is pretty easy to dray yourself just pull the plastic off the back wall measure the width height and depth you have to work with, remember when designing the box to take the top and bottom depth measurements leaving enough space to mount the speaker so that it won't slap the back of the seat. Once you know how much space you can take up then calculate how much air space that is and if needed make the design a little larger or smaller to have the internal space of the box as close to perfect as you can get it.

3. Nov 20, 2011 at 10:28 PM
    chaos316

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement TRD PRO
    how do i figure out how much space i need? i mean calculating all of that and plugging all the numbers in to get a total

4. Nov 20, 2011 at 11:11 PM
    platinumb

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    Jl audio recommends 0.8 cubic feet net internal volume for the 13tw53 the driver takes up 0.052 of that internal volume which means a perfect enclosure size would be 0.852 cubic feet total internal volume if you haven't done this much you can find a very useful calculator in www.rockfordfosgate.com they have a speaker box calculator that allows you to enter measurements and the thickness of wood you are using and it tells you the net internal volume I think it might even give you an option to print a cut list for the wood too but if not it is pretty easy to figure out once you have all the measurements.

5. Nov 21, 2011 at 12:27 AM
    chaos316

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement TRD PRO
    thanks a lot that helped a bunch

6. Nov 21, 2011 at 12:59 AM
    platinumb

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    No problem!

7. Nov 21, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    FWIW

JL tech support says .8 cu/ft total. Do not include extra for sub displacement. That's how I built mine.

8. Nov 21, 2011 at 10:51 AM
    chaos316

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement TRD PRO
    would you happen to have the plans? or just the overall length of it?

9. Nov 21, 2011 at 10:56 AM
    ThreeMan

ThreeMan Opinions Vary...

Member:
    Oswego, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 V6 TRD DCLB
    King Remote Resi Suspension - Total Chaos UCAs - Full Katzkin Leather - Leer Camper Shell - Custom Projector Halo Headlights - HID Fogs - Eagle Eye LED tail lights - Rigid Industries LED Light Bar Mounted in Bumper - Wade In-channel Vent Visors - K&N Filter - 20% on the fronts - Dakar Progressive Leafs - Fuel Beast Wheels wrapped in Hankook Dynapro ATMs - 4 Tie Down Mod - Pop N Lock - Billet Grille - Weathertech Mats - LED Map and Dome Lights - Optima Yellow Top - Redline Elite Hood Struts - Tunes: Eclipse 7100 HU - Eclipse IPC-106 Interface - Audison LRX 5.1K - Hertz Mille MLK2 Components - JL 13TW5 - JL cables and wires - Fully Deadened with SDS products - Metra dash kit - Custom Sub Box and Amp Rack - Still Under Construction.
    To be honest, I already tried to find my notes and drawings to help you out, but to no avail. I installed mine on the drivers side and had to make a notch in the bottom of the box to accomodate the seat-back hinge. Then, discount that from the overall dimensions from the box. If I get to it, I could pull some measurements from the box itself. It is not that difficult. Its basic geometry.

10. Nov 21, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    platinumb

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    denver
    Vehicle:
    When you are building the box you want it to be as Close as possible to the recommended specs from jl, however you don't need to be worried about a few hundredths of a cubic foot if it is a little off to fit then that's fine. I have built boxes for them down to .5 for customers and they still did very well although I wouldn't recommend that it was a little too small. Also I have put them in a box up to around 1.0 with no change in sound.

Products Discussed in

To Top