1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tweeter wiring to crossover

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ky cats, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Aug 27, 2016 at 11:38 PM
    ky cats

ky cats [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    louisville,ky
    Vehicle:
    05 white prerunner sport
    tinted windows,access le tonneau cover,weathertech floormats,dtrl mod.5000 k ddm headlights,3000k driving lights,python alarm/remote start
    i'am wanting to put some new component speakers in my 05 doublecab tacoma but i just want to make sure i'am understanding how to wire the tweeters into the factory harness.if i cut the harness off of the factory teeeter do i wire the black wires together and the red wires together and then wire them to the pos. and neg. input of the crossover and then run speaker wire back to the tweeter and the woofer?

2. Aug 28, 2016 at 5:13 PM
    hookembevo

hookembevo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCSB with 6MT
    Snugtop Rebel with some options Body Armor Rock Steps Rhino Mats Weathertech Mudflaps Radar detector hardwired to rear view mirror. Stereo upgrade: Amp: Arc Audio XDI805 LOC: AudioConnect LC7i Front Speakers: Hybrid Audio Technologies Claris 6.5 Rear Speakers: Hybrid Audio Technologies Mirus 5.25 Sub: Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 Box: Pioneer Ud-SW250T Bilstein 5100s OME 885 Springs Single Add-A-Leaf BFG KO2 265/75/16
    If you use component speakers, you'll run new cables for them. Speaker wires from amp to crossovers. Speaker wires from crossover to tweeter, and crossover to door speaker.

Products Discussed in

To Top