1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

U-FIX-IT Automotive tech day 24/25 Sept!!!

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by extremachn1, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Sep 16, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    All,
    I am most likely headed up to the U-FIX-IT Automotive garage in Phoenix http://www.ufixitautomotive.com/ (Thanks to AMAES (Alex) for the info) next weekend (24/25 Sept) to install my new suspension and UCA's. If anyone wants to give me a hand (especially you Alex since you have done this install before) I would greatly appreciate it and am more than willing to pay for lunch or beers afterwards as re-payment.

Also, if someone is looking for a good lift, I will be selling my 5100's, Eibach springs, and rear leaf pack (TSB+AAL) once my expedition pack comes in. But if you want my suspension (gives about 2" of lift) and give a hand we might be able to do your truck and mine and I will give a smoking deal on everything.

I also have my URD short throw shifter to install if I have time.

So again, if anyone is interested post up on here as I would love to have some experianced help in this case.

2. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    That place is awesome! every tool you could imagine and a lift for so cheap, really makes things easier!

The guys there are knowledgeable and always willing to help.

3. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    That is what I have been told and looks good from the web reviews.

It would definatly make work quick and easy if we had 2 crews to work front and back of the truck at the same time (back will be easy, just shocks and possibly break lines if they have a speed bleeder). Front is UCA's Coil overs, and brake lines.

4. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I work then unfort otherwise i would love to help since I go the Fox upfront with TC uppers, easy install and nothing to it!

you running extended travel or no?

5. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:21 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    No, no long travel. This is simply more lift and better suspension components.

6. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    Oh you can run extended travel without running long travel. With the recommended set-up for extended travel coil-over you pull close to 10" of travel, more like 9.5" from everyone but ya reagardless lol

7. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Ok, I am pretty ignorant on some things admittedly and this seems to be one of them. What exactly constitutes mid travel? I guess I will be running some sort of extended travel, that was the point of getting this set up. More flex and articulation as well as handling better offroad.

Please, educate me on the differance between mid and LT suspension.

8. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    i personally do not know the difference. From what some members think it is a uni-ball UCA and aftermarket coil-overs....some think its uniballs and extended travel coil-overs.....some think its some sort of aftermarket spindles (TC or Burg) ALONG with uniball UCA's and extended travel coil-overs.

Your never going to get a definite answer unfortunately since its the internet. Personally I think its when you can LIFT the truck and achieve MORE than the factory travel. YEs some will argue with me but thats what the WWW is for :) arguements and self explanation!

9. Sep 16, 2011 at 9:55 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Well, I have all you listed so I will go with YES, I guess I am going with a mid travel suspension.

Aftermarket coil springs... Check
    Expended travel shocks... Check
    Uni-ball UCA... Check
    Aftermarket spindles... Check not needed, smart enough to buy 4x4
    Aftermarket rear shocks... Check
    Extended travel rear leafs... Check

Pure awesomeness... Double thumbs up check

I guess I am going with a mid travel kit. Now I can use that as a response to anyones comment...

"Blah, blah, blah, I bought a new truck!" "Blah, blah, blah, my dog died!" Blah, blah, blah, I have testicular cancer!" "Blah, blah, blah, blah!"

FUCK YOU, my truck has mid travel suspension! Now what bitch????

Yep, I am so now responding to everyone like that.. LoL

Oliver, thanks for the edufication...

10. Sep 17, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    I was pretty drunk last night so I'm going through all my posts and I might be editing some things through out the day lol

11. Sep 18, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    No worries Oliver...

So can I expect anyone to come up and help this coming weekend?

12. Sep 19, 2011 at 10:53 AM
    SGT Taco

SGT Taco It all fun and games till its not.

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Spring Hill TN.
    Vehicle:
    R.I.P. 2007 TRD, Land Rover Disco II, F250.
    Wife rolled it 3x mod...
    i'm there! send me a text with the details. 602-412-7300

13. Sep 19, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    PM SENT, my phone is having "issues!"

14. Sep 19, 2011 at 6:30 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Im gonna try to make it, but its a very slim chance..

15. Sep 21, 2011 at 9:50 AM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Alright, so my Allpro expedition leaf packs with timbren bumb stops and Ubolt flip kit will be delivered tomorrow and I called Allpro about spanner wrenches for the FOX 2.5 coil overs and they said there should have been 2 of them in the kits which there were not. So they are next daying me 2 spanner wrenches so I will have those. I am ready to go on saturday... WOOHOO.

So I double checked the U-fix it site and its not $20 for a lift bay. Its $20 an HOUR for a lift bay. No biggie, even if it takes me 5 hours ($100) thats still well worth it for being inside in the AC with good tools and a lift.

16. Sep 21, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    dont think im gonna be able to make it.

17. Sep 21, 2011 at 10:29 AM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:

Thats fine, I will just molest your truck to show my general contempt of you!!!

18. Sep 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    OK, I have a stall reserved from opening (9am) for about 4-5 hours. No biggie if we need more or less time. So I will be there NLT 8:45. See you guys there.

19. Sep 21, 2011 at 5:11 PM
    SGT Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Spring Hill TN.
    Vehicle:
    Wife rolled it 3x mod...
    Sounds good, i will be there!

If we get your truck done, can we roll mine in and take care of it after? i will cover all charges for the time. And i know Outkast will like to take care of his truck also. Going to put to use all your suspension parts that you are taking off.

20. Sep 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM
    SGT Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Spring Hill TN.
    Vehicle:
    Wife rolled it 3x mod...
    Sure sounds good. what should i bring?

Products Discussed in

To Top