1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by 7A7ER, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 2, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    Not a problem I had to ask my wife since my grammer sucks!! I thought it was funny!

2. Feb 2, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    S-M-R-T

S-M-R-T Well-Known Member

Member:
    Google Toolbar has spellcheck

3. Feb 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges

Oh I know but it would not have caught it since it wouldnt know which word I was going to use. Thanks!!

4. Feb 2, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    Why does the UN care if we own guns? It’s not like Americans are going to other country and blowing people away. It’s the US military that they need to worry about.

5. Feb 2, 2010 at 11:36 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Agreed, especially in my neck of the woods.

6. Feb 2, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    '05 Radiant Red Tacoma XCab PreRunner TRD
    Removed Step Bars, Hood Visor, OEM Bed Mat, Window Tint, Fog Lights Anytime, BFG All-Terrain KO2s, Removed Mud Flaps, Add A Leaf Recall, Color-Matched Grill and Bumper& Plasti-Dipped Badges!
    The source is the State Department, regardless of there 'official' UN dealings, this is what they want:

U.S. Support for the Arms Trade Treaty

Hillary Rodham Clinton
    Secretary of State
    Washington, DC
    October 14, 2009

Conventional arms transfers are a crucial national security concern for the United States, and we have always supported effective action to control the international transfer of arms.

The United States is prepared to work hard for a strong international standard in this area by seizing the opportunity presented by the Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty at the United Nations. As long as that Conference operates under the rule of consensus decision-making needed to ensure that all countries can be held to standards that will actually improve the global situation by denying arms to those who would abuse them, the United States will actively support the negotiations. Consensus is needed to ensure the widest possible support for the Treaty and to avoid loopholes in the Treaty that can be exploited by those wishing to export arms irresponsibly.

On a national basis, the United States has in place an extensive and rigorous system of controls that most agree is the “gold standard” of export controls for arms transfers. On a bilateral basis, the United States regularly engages other states to raise their standards and to prohibit the transfer or transshipment of capabilities to rogue states, terrorist groups, and groups seeking to unsettle regions. Multilaterally, we have consistently supported high international standards, and the Arms Trade Treaty initiative presents us with the opportunity to promote the same high standards for the entire international community that the United States and other responsible arms exporters already have in place to ensure that weaponry is transferred for legitimate purposes.

The United States is committed to actively pursuing a strong and robust treaty that contains the highest possible, legally binding standards for the international transfer of conventional weapons. We look forward to this negotiation as the continuation of the process that began in the UN with the 2008 UN Group of Governmental Experts on the ATT and continued with the 2009 UN Open-Ended Working Group on ATT.

PRN: 2009/1022

http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2009a/10/130573.htm

7. Feb 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    From my cold dead hands.

8. Feb 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    czechmate

czechmate Member

Member:
    LoUiSiAna
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    Amen brother. No way anyone is taking my guns away unless they want to go out in a blaze of glory (queue Bon Jovi heh). It would be one hell of a bloody mess if the govt ever tried to take people guns away from them.

9. Feb 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    Dude it has to do with the import and export of weapons to and from other countries. You origianly posted that they were going to make us turn our arms in. You really need to read the whole thing before you blast something. Of course this is from the State Department they are the ones that control the export and sales of US made weapons to foriegn countries. It has nothing to do with the UN and taking our weapons.

Sorry to blast your information but you reall need to read it first. Just a suggestion..

10. Feb 2, 2010 at 12:07 PM
    NCTacoma09

NCTacoma09 Stand for Nothing or Die for Something

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 Double Cab 4x4 V6
    Im not worried about it yet. But if the day comes and they try to take my guns I feel sorry for the people doing it. Im taking as many of them with me as I can and they can come pry it from my dead hands after they kill me.

11. Feb 2, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    7A7ER

7A7ER [OP] FLYNN LIVES!

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    '05 Radiant Red Tacoma XCab PreRunner TRD
    Removed Step Bars, Hood Visor, OEM Bed Mat, Window Tint, Fog Lights Anytime, BFG All-Terrain KO2s, Removed Mud Flaps, Add A Leaf Recall, Color-Matched Grill and Bumper& Plasti-Dipped Badges!
    I did read it, but thanks for suggesting that I'm a complete imbecile! :D I'll eventually live up to it! :)

What we're reading differently is what's between the lines. Even the Former UN Ambassador, you claim to believe over the State Dept in such matters, doesn't trust this Treaty, so why should I?

Besides, I think we need to go along with the UN on anything, like we need another hole in our head... :rolleyes:

12. Feb 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    A blog post with no citations?

[​IMG]

As for the link posted earlier, read it.
    "On a national basis, the United States has in place an extensive and rigorous system of controls that most agree is the “gold standard” of export controls for arms transfers."

Has to do with exporting guns, not taking them from citizens. Calm down and have a beer.

13. Feb 2, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Hey, isn't this kind of political anyway?

14. Feb 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    i was just thinking that actually

mulling over the little [​IMG] button

15. Feb 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Do it. I've got your back.

16. Feb 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  17. Feb 2, 2010 at 1:44 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    last thing I need is a guy from Jersy chasing me in a truck on jacks......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top