1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

U.S. soldiers to get ‘punisher’ super rifle

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by genxer36, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Sep 27, 2011 at 11:49 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 [OP] Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    Even before the U.S. army began experimenting with it last year in Afghanistan, the XM-25 rifle was already being hailed as a game changer. Now it appears like the futuristic weapon has more than lived up to the hype.

Army officials were so impressed with the technology that they recently awarded defense firm ATK a $65.8 million dollar contract to develop it further in preparation for mass production, which is slated for sometime in the year 2013. And for anyone who wants to know what the big deal is, the military has just released a demonstration video that showcases why you wouldn’t want to mess with anybody armed with what some have nicknamed “The Punisher.”

The XM-25 Counter Defilade Target Engagement System is a semi-automatic airburst grenade launcher that’s specially designed to overcome a common problem faced by troops in combat situations. Insurgents who attack often take cover behind walls, trees and trenches, making it difficult for soldiers to score a direct hit. But rounds fired from the rifle can be programmed to explode at a set distance, such as right above or behind the enemy target.

For more & the video click here

2. Sep 28, 2011 at 1:37 AM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    That thing is pretty fricking sweet

3. Sep 28, 2011 at 5:36 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    repost. still cool though.

4. Sep 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    genxer36

genxer36 [OP] Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I did a search before posting & didn't find anything. I guess the search function doesn't work well.

5. Sep 28, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    norcal4banger

norcal4banger 11-98 MUD

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Far Northern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 4 Cylinder 2WD 5 Lug RC Tacoma
    Now I have no military experience whatsoever and don't know much of anything relating but as awesome as that rifle is...I see its size being a problem. Maybe its just me.

6. Sep 28, 2011 at 10:23 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    "mass produced by 2013, in the guns shops by 2014 and in 2015 the first 14 year old will shoot and kill his best friend with one in an argument over whose turn it was next on the Xbox, the perp will be quoted on the 10 O'clock news saying ''the ak47 just don't make it on the street no more it's gotta be the XM25'"

does anyone read the youtube comments anymore? The level of retardation in there grows every day

7. Sep 29, 2011 at 5:44 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I try and not read youtube comments. 99.9% of everyone that comments are morons.

8. Sep 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I saw a show on this a while ago; glad it's finally going to make it's way to the battlefield!

Products Discussed in

To Top