1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UCA What would you get and why ?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by JOE619, May 8, 2013.

1. May 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM
    JOE619

JOE619 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    broseph aka JOE
    San Diego !
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD off road
    Bilstien 5100 front and rear, TRD intake, Yokohama A /T tires
    i just got some fox 2.5 shocks with a res and i not going to do a long travel kit yet so i just wanted to get some input on what every one things on what goes good with what.
    so i was thinking of getting TC UCA or Camburg or icon tube arms

2. May 8, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    Lumpskie

Lumpskie Independent Thinker

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    Seeing that you live in North Dakota, I'd recommend getting something with a fully sealed joint. Uniballs are typically unprotected against salt and road grime that you may see in your winters. When I was in your spot, I bought Light Racing UCAs and haven't had a problem with them. They offer a very long range of motion, incorporate a fully sealed (and oversized) upper ball joint, and offer full adjustability for wheel alignment.

...Plus, they're cheap!

3. May 12, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    JOE619

JOE619 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    broseph aka JOE
    San Diego !
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD off road
    Bilstien 5100 front and rear, TRD intake, Yokohama A /T tires
    Is light raceing the brand of uca you got ? And the road out here are horabble a d there are no yacoma lovers out here !!

4. May 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors
    I just bought here in the classifieds a set of new in the box Camburgs Ball Joint upper arms. I went with them, even though more diffcult since you need to use oem ball joints, but they are made in the USA and are sealed to hopefully have good longevity.

PK

5. May 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    down south
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion
    I have light racing ucas. sealed ball joint. fully adjustable camber and caster. plus cheaper than all the rest. I have over 50k miles on mine. no issues what so ever.

6. May 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I had Light Racing on my Tacoma too and I had no complaints. They look stock so if you're going for something that looks cool they might not fit the bill but otherwise I'd recommend getting them as well.

7. May 12, 2013 at 4:04 PM
    Lumpskie

Lumpskie Independent Thinker

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    Yes sir, I've got Light Racing UCAs. They're great for what I do with the truck and I have no complaints. Here are a couple pics of the UCAs at full droop. It looks to me that the UCAs have plenty of Range of Motion left in them... lots more than the axle anyway.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To Top