1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UCA's needed for OME 886

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by c0b2a, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Sep 10, 2011 at 5:37 AM
    c0b2a

c0b2a [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Going to be ordering a OME 886 lift with complete OME springs with bushings when I get back from Afghanistan, my question is: Will I need to upgrade my UCA's, and which brand to go with if I do?

Light Racing is quite a bit less expensive than Total Chaos, just wondering about quality.

My aim is to keep the same or better my handling / control / ride of my truck. Just FYI, I have a heavy foot and love to drive fast, on and off road.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: BTW I did read the Sticky's about this but didn't find any conclusive information pertaining to the OME lift, Alot of "you don't need new UCA's with that small a lift change / Yes you do need them" So I am just trying to get some clarification.

2. Sep 10, 2011 at 6:14 AM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Headlight mod, sound system. MB Motor Sport Rims. Black Tails. 5100's, 885, grill craft, Fogs, N-Fab Step Sides. BFG TKO Tires, Wet Oks, LED map lights and dome, LED gauge mod
    It would be a good idea to get new UCA to keep the alignment numbers good. I hear good things about the light racing ones, know a few that have them and they got no complaints. I dont know about the TC tho.

Thank you for your servcie by the way and be save over there.

To Top