1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

>>>UFC 158: GSP VS. DIAZ<<<ANYONE WATCHING?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by sofiasdad11, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Mar 15, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    GP3

GP3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TRD Off Road
    Front: stock suspension, 12" wide fiberglass fenders Rear: stock suspension, 10" wide fiberglass fenders
    It's funny to me the standards that fans hold the fighters up to.

They beat each other up for god's sake... They don't need to be geniuses.

Fight skills are the only requirements for a job in MMA. The Diaz brothers are more than qualified for the position.

2. Mar 15, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 [OP] Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    Anticipation................:rolleyes:

Even the weigh-in this afternoon should be good. It's easy to dislike Diaz, and easy to pick GSP, as i do, but Diaz does have some advantages----slightly taller w/ longer reach, throws more punches, and has perhaps even better cardio than GSP :eek: throw in an iron chin and the fact that he is after all a blackbelt under the Gracie brand..............and i at least give him a shot. the attached vid is great, from when they were to fight the FIRST time, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-EopA7AwSk

3. Mar 15, 2013 at 8:40 AM
    SCTacomaCA

SCTacomaCA Active Member

Member:
    GSP by boring lay and pray decision. It's going to be a good card overall though. Hendricks vs. Condit will probably steal the show

4. Mar 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 [OP] Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
  5. Mar 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
  6. Mar 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    Jonesn13

Jonesn13 Nifty

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R Trail Premium, 08 AC 4x4 6spd(Sold)
    Some, Suspension and stuff, tires, maybeh some armor.
    The guy sat my gym have been talking about this all day.

Most favor GSP, with the general concern about his recent injuries. Most of my pro fighters have been injured, they say it never really "fully heals".

A few like Diaz, however the general opinion is that
    we all HATE the Diaz brothers and are tired of their loud mouthed bullshit.

It will certainly be a good match. Hopefully a long, bloody, technical fight.

7. Mar 15, 2013 at 7:02 PM
    Jonesn13

Jonesn13 Nifty

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R Trail Premium, 08 AC 4x4 6spd(Sold)
    Some, Suspension and stuff, tires, maybeh some armor.
    I would have to disagree with this. There is a lot more to the current MMA scene than meets the eye.

There are a LOT of Scary smart guys in the field now. They all have a coached strategy both in and out of the ring. Yes, over time they have short term memory problems, but there is more to it than being able to punch/kick really hard.

8. Mar 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    This thread is retarted. :p

Just watched he weigh in. I foresee them not touching gloves haha. It'll be interesting, but I bet gsp risks a bit more to get a ko which has got me excited. Always thought he held back to get decisions. I think he'll try and finish this one.

9. Mar 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    tx novice

tx novice Foward momentum

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    OAHU
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TX PRO silver
    Trd, Cal Tech, Weather tech, Viper, Al's tinting . L.E.D's , Hide a Hitch or Chrome Stinger , Walker Evans Resi's w/AllPro 3" lift ,FLM, ProComp Xtreme MT2 , Diff Breather Mod, 4x4 Switch Light mod, Plastic Derped. Trailer Socket Relocate mod via Miles , 4:56 G2 gears. Blue Intake Spacer, S.S. Brake Lines F&R, Sway Bar Deleted, Roll-X, Pop-N-Lock Electric. Red metal TRD badges. Paid Off Mod- Chee Hu, Superbumbs(f),Timbrens(r).Pelfrey Bilt, Bamf, Urd. Cobra Heat Shield.CMC .Mishimoto (custom bracket by Nate), Powerstop, Rampage 50".Depo Taillights,SPPC Black Headlights, Rigid Industries. Factor 55.American AirFlow.
    Nick was smooth in the press conference by getting under GSP's skin, than calling him out on his ground and pound. Saying that true MMA fighters (himself) dont G&P, they stand -up and bang. I hope GSP sticks to his game plan and fights his fight. GSP for the win.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  10. Mar 15, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    FLtaco24

FLtaco24 Just a man and his truck

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Daytona Beach/South FL
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Stock for now
    I would love to see GSP knockout diaz, would be funny to see diaz talk sh*t after be knocked out cold

11. Mar 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM
    tinker_troy

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    damn
    the hendrix/condit fight was great!

12. Mar 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.
    I agree that was one of the better fights of the night.

I thought Condit did enough to win though. I know Hendrix took him down a lot but did nothing once he got him there. Condit I thought did more damage in the second and third rounds.

I thought GSP looked a little tired in the 4th and 5th round as well. However this is just his second fight back from his injury. GSP's next fight against Hendrix scares me a bit with his power.

13. Mar 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    tx novice

tx novice Foward momentum

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    OAHU
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TX PRO silver
    Trd, Cal Tech, Weather tech, Viper, Al's tinting . L.E.D's , Hide a Hitch or Chrome Stinger , Walker Evans Resi's w/AllPro 3" lift ,FLM, ProComp Xtreme MT2 , Diff Breather Mod, 4x4 Switch Light mod, Plastic Derped. Trailer Socket Relocate mod via Miles , 4:56 G2 gears. Blue Intake Spacer, S.S. Brake Lines F&R, Sway Bar Deleted, Roll-X, Pop-N-Lock Electric. Red metal TRD badges. Paid Off Mod- Chee Hu, Superbumbs(f),Timbrens(r).Pelfrey Bilt, Bamf, Urd. Cobra Heat Shield.CMC .Mishimoto (custom bracket by Nate), Powerstop, Rampage 50".Depo Taillights,SPPC Black Headlights, Rigid Industries. Factor 55.American AirFlow.
    Mahhah! GSP made Nick retire....Hendrix vs. Elenberger would be good.

14. Mar 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    tinker_troy

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    this is the first time I've watched Hendrix and yeah that guy is a powerhouse. Also glad I didn't have to be one of the judges of tonights fight on that one.

I doubt it but we'll see

15. Mar 16, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    Banff2007Tacoma

Banff2007Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Black Sand Pearl TRD Offroad.
    GPS Navigation System, Old Man Emu complete lift with Dakar springs. Light Racing UCA's. BFG AT tires, KMC Enduro rims, Allpro E-locker guard. ARB Portable Air Compressor CKMP12. Backflip Tonneau Cover. Wet Okole seat covers.

Yeah I have to see that fight again. It was a tough one to judge. I guess it could of gone either way depending on how you judge it.

16. Mar 16, 2013 at 10:29 PM
    tinker_troy

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    of course if I wasn't watching a sh*tty stream on the computer maybe it would have been a little more clear

17. Mar 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    Millertime187

Millertime187 I'll be your huckleberry!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Clay City, KY
    Vehicle:
    1995 Taco
    Just a few little things. It's my DD
    Damn I was so on Diaz side!!!! He just give up now it sounds. GSP give him a hell if a fight. Not what I wanted to see!!

18. Mar 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    kingrob1990

kingrob1990 Active Member

Member:
    gsp completely dominated this fight in every way shape and form

Products Discussed in

To Top