1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ugliest Color for 2nd Gens

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 420Tacoma, Apr 28, 2009.

?

Which color is UGLIEST for 2nd gen?

1. Desert Sand Mica

2,416 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Speedway Blue

1,885 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Black Sand Pearl

149 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Barcelona Red

844 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Magnetic Gray

187 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Silver Streak mica

421 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Apr 29, 2009 at 1:09 AM
    m_yota

m_yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paradise
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 dbl cab
    K&N airfilter, HID conversion for headlights/fogs. Wet Okole Seat covers, Kove Aphex processor Kenwood comp 6.5" and 6.5"coaxial 5100 billy shocks 2.5", 1.5" fabtech AAL,Epicenter and MTX Sub, debadged, tinted, kenwood dnx812, black mesh grill, led ext/int.
    I don't care what people think. Desert sand is a neutral color. Here in Hawaii it just blends. And if a scratch appears is not a sore eye like those dark colored tacos. JMHO. BITE ME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT:lalala::quickdraw:

2. Apr 29, 2009 at 7:24 AM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.

if this hurts anyones feelings, you need to get out more.:rolleyes:

3. Apr 29, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    420Tacoma

420Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Doublecab Short Bed TRD Sport
    None. Stock with options - Roof rack, running boards, hood scoop, etc.
    Well the whole point of this thread was just to know which color was going to be voted the ugliest color as intended. I did not know some were so sensitive to actually take someone else's opinion so personally.

4. Apr 29, 2009 at 8:11 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Seriously, speedway blue is the second ugliest color and barcelona red is third? WTF

5. Apr 29, 2009 at 8:15 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    I prefer black personally. But I owned a black Celica before I bought my taco, and it showed dirt so easily that I swear it stayed clean looking for maybe a day or 2 max even in nice weather. I got so sick of it that I bought the boring ole' Brown/sand color. It isn't pretty, but since its the color of dirt if barely shows it. I even got the brown interior. Hell of a lot easier to keep it clean looking.

6. Apr 29, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    420Tacoma

420Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Doublecab Short Bed TRD Sport
    None. Stock with options - Roof rack, running boards, hood scoop, etc.
    SWB: - I never have a problem finding my car in full parking lot. the color really stands out =)

7. Apr 29, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    tammikm

tammikm Well-Known Member

Member:
    canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 SR5 AUTO
    n/a
    Speedway Blue is by far the nicest colour!

8. Apr 29, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    iowa530

iowa530 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab 4X4, TRD
    I have a SWB and I will say that it is/was not my first color choice. I got a really good deal on it and the color was not enough to persuade me to not buy it. Everybody that has commented on the truck says they really like the color. Either they really like it or they are telling me BS. Whatever.

I had a silver tacome (5 lug) and a sable pearl camry (light brown), and my house is beige inside and out. I was ready for a little more color. Red, black, or mag. grey were my top choices, but to get the deal that I got, had to go with SWB.

9. Apr 29, 2009 at 12:44 PM
    stevomac59

stevomac59 Is mod CraZy...

Member:
    Laredo, Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD
    3'' lift, custom stereo deck, 33'' toyo Mt tires, 17'' MotoMetal Rims, 20%Tinted front Windows, 5% Rear Windows, Blacked out Grille Surround, Bull Bar, HID Head and Fog lights, KC Daylighters, BHLM, Strobe Lights, Sockmonkey TRD 3rd BreakLight decal, 12'' MTX Thunder Subwoofer, 1000Watt Planet Audio Amplifier, Flowmaster Muffler Xhaust S40
    This is what I said: "this is a toughy....... I don't think any STOCK color is bad to the point that it is ugly.. but that Sand color is not one of my favorites...no offense to any ppl who have them.. they're nice, but not MY style "

Wow, I jut got a negative rep saying "fuC& you... blacks are ugly"... I thought this was just an opinionated poll... YOU don't have to get offended... I just said Sand color is not my color...so yea... grow up.

10. Apr 29, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    Snyperx

Snyperx Seniore Marcos

Member:
    I take offense to this poll. I have a Desert Sand Mica. I would have gotten a different color, but it was the only 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma I could find at the time. Like someone else mentioned, it's kinda grown on me. Also, I thought mine was pretty unique in color, but I have seen at least 3 more DSM colored Tacos on the way to work every morning and my drive is only 13 miles. So much for being unique.

11. Apr 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM
    iowa530

iowa530 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab 4X4, TRD
    Snyprex, that is the best looking DSP I've seen. I really like the tinted windows and black accents.

12. Apr 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    To those of you who think I'm "hating" you, I'm not. I just DO NOT like the Silver. I DO LIKE tacoma's, but I AM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION on what colors I like and do not like. (I don't care if you hate IR)

Just because someone doesn't like your truck color, so what. As long as you like your truck, then don't worry about what others think.

I do look at taco's (even the silver) to see if they have a lift, tint, wheels, etc... to see what I might want to do to mine. I just would not buy one (silver). I have seen many silvers on here with NICE mods. It's just not MY color.

So ignore me if silver is your color!! :p :p :p

13. Apr 29, 2009 at 3:10 PM
    stevomac59

stevomac59 Is mod CraZy...

Member:
    Laredo, Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD
    3'' lift, custom stereo deck, 33'' toyo Mt tires, 17'' MotoMetal Rims, 20%Tinted front Windows, 5% Rear Windows, Blacked out Grille Surround, Bull Bar, HID Head and Fog lights, KC Daylighters, BHLM, Strobe Lights, Sockmonkey TRD 3rd BreakLight decal, 12'' MTX Thunder Subwoofer, 1000Watt Planet Audio Amplifier, Flowmaster Muffler Xhaust S40
    I understand all of this... but it doesn't mean that you can go out and say "F-You" I mean.. that's immature

14. Apr 29, 2009 at 3:50 PM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
    hahah wow maybe this should be changed to "which color would you be least likely to buy" then maybe everyone whos taking it to heart wouldnt get there panties in a bunch. its just a poll come on. your def right stevo that was a little overboard

15. Apr 29, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    TheTacoManChach

TheTacoManChach I AM THE GREAT CHACHOLIO!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Fayetteville, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Halo Headlights Black W/ LED LED TailLights Bermuda 3rd Brake Black Pioneer/Alpine System Debadge Entire Rebadge Driver Side Door Black Volant CAI Tool Box ARB Front Bumper Flat Black Painted Grill Surround
    Ya! And you guys thought you were the bomb beezy:ohsnap:

16. Apr 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM
    jrw1965

jrw1965 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Southern Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '08 dbl cab long bed 4 x 4
    Front tint, Stainless steel nerf bars, Leer tonneau, Rear spring TSB, Michelin LTX A/T2 265 70 16, Pioneer AVIC X910 so far
    I kinda like them all, so I didnt vote

17. Apr 29, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    Snyperx

Snyperx Seniore Marcos

Member:
    X2. Nicely said.

18. Apr 29, 2009 at 7:33 PM
    AZM9

AZM9 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD Sport
    ARE tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, Leaf TSB, and Trans TSB, Satoshi grille.
    Well when I went to my Toyota dealership and decide to buy one, we went to the yard where thet all were and I did not think twice and picked the Speedway blue. The only issues I had were the TRD packages (which one) I did however realize that I could have had a long bed after I already did the deal.

19. Apr 29, 2009 at 8:46 PM
    Juiceman

Juiceman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Trd Sport 4x4 DC Speedway Blue
    Virgin Mary
    Vagisil called, they want to sponsor this thread ;-) I dont care who likes or dislikes my speedway blue. I knew going into it that its a love or hate color. I liked the M-effer, I drive it everyday and when I saw it...I knew it was for me. I liked it because it was so different. Every car/truck year after year is available in some shade of green, blue, red, black, silver or white.....speedway blue was unique, a color to remember. Guys/gals...dont take offenseWe're all biased due to picking our color/trucks.

20. Apr 30, 2009 at 3:27 AM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
    my favorite color taco by far is pink

Products Discussed in

To Top