1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ULTAC-2005 Installed, not happy

Discussion in 'ToyTec Lifts' started by Geem750, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Mar 4, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    Geem750

Geem750 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Okanagan, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    Grillcraft grill, ultimate toytek 3" lift, shorty antenna, blacked out badges, rear diff breather, Kenwood 6990 HU, wet okoles, weather techs, extra D-rings, Cruisin offroad bolt on sliders, Treklights 18" LED bar
    I ordered my ULTAC-2005 3inch lift kit from toytec and it got here nice and snappy like. took my truck to my mechanic and problems happened. My mechanic phoned me and told me that he could not what so ever adjust the front struts and he installed them how they came. i looked on the website and it reads

"adjustable from 1 to 3" lift.(spanner wrenches included for adjustment). Preset 2 1/2" to 3" lift. No spring compressor needed; fully assembled for a bolt on front lift."

is it safe to assume that these struts are already preset to 2 1/2" ???

either way, my truck had a leveling kit and im positive i messured 37inches from ground to fender before the lift, in the front. and i got my mud tires installed at the same time, which are a little taller. after installation, i still read 37inches. Whats going on?!

My rear im happy with so far, i think i had 38.5" before lift, and now its at 41" but a 4 inch rake is ridiculous! What do i do?! Im thinking about taking the truck back to the mechanic and making him adjust the struts, or where they already set for the lift? if he thinks he cant do it, do i pay even more for someone else to?

2. Mar 5, 2013 at 5:21 AM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Long time lurker, first time poster.

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Bay Area, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper, 285/70R16 KM2s on stock wheels.
    I can't help you but if you post some pictures of the coilovers I'm sure there are at least 5 people that can tell you what preload you're at. Toytec is also always just a call/email away if you need their technical assistance.

(And another 15 to tell you why it's wrong. Haters:rolleyes:)

3. Mar 5, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    joneill03

joneill03 Look away, I'm hideous!

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 OR
    edit: shit wrong thread, sorry
    The spanner wrenches work, but they are pretty stiff to adjust. Your mechanic just might not know how to adjust them. I believe for every 1/8" of thread you move the coils, your lift will move about 1/4". Use some WD-40 or PB Blaster on the threads, it will help some.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  4. Mar 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    Geem750

Geem750 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Okanagan, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    Grillcraft grill, ultimate toytek 3" lift, shorty antenna, blacked out badges, rear diff breather, Kenwood 6990 HU, wet okoles, weather techs, extra D-rings, Cruisin offroad bolt on sliders, Treklights 18" LED bar
    Found out the problem.

When i called to order, i wanted the TTHC lift kit from Toytec, asked for the 1 1/2" add a leaf instead of the 2inch because i already have 4 leafs. Got a call the next day saying they are out of stock and asked if id like to upgrade to the ULTAC-2005 ultimate lift kit for 10% discount on top of the coupon code. i accepted and im guessing thats where the mistake was made. They sent me a 2inch rear AAL, called them up and they shipped the proper AAL for free, truck goes into the shop this week to get it swapped back out.

i realize i may not be on level ground, but trust me, its raked
    [​IMG]

To Top