1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ultimate lift kit for 2005-2009 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by nurseboy, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Jan 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM
    nurseboy

nurseboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jan
    Riverside, Ca
    Sorry for another "should i get this post or what do you guys think post" but here goes.

What do you guys think of this kit. The " " sold by toyteclifts.com. If I purchased that along with the TC upper control arms that everyone is suggesting to get, would I be good to go for my full set up? Do i really need the...
    TT-RS - rear axle degree shims for proper pinion angle alignment (Not pictured) and UB-4 - (4) new rear ubolts (not pictured) .. in the kit. Im not sure that those are even for. From reading other peoples set up, i haven't read anything about those two products. I dont want to be payinf for things i dont really need. And from what ive been reading on the forums people are suggesting to get the Bilstein shocks or the OME shocks for the rear. Should i just buy that kit or build my own.

2. Jan 8, 2009 at 10:14 PM
    mneuls

mneuls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    it's a good idea to replace the ubolts on your leaf springs. apparently they are a one time use kind of thing, because they get tightened so much that the threads get a bit distorted. plus for how cheap they are, why not replace them, it'd be crappy if one ever failed.

3. Jan 8, 2009 at 10:15 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    That looks like a pretty good kit to me! Now I'm not sure about the TT-RS or the UB-4's but everything else looks good. I myself just pieced my lift kit together like you were thinking of doing.

4. Jan 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Hey now that's got me thinking.:rolleyes: I never replaced my U-bolts because my kit never came with them from toytec. Now is it really a "bad" thing if I'm running my stock ones?:confused:

5. Jan 8, 2009 at 10:20 PM
    mneuls

mneuls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    i don't really know. it might just bed propaganda to get you to buy them. like undercoat. or it could be legit. i'm not sure.

what kind of lift did you get on your rear end? i'm looking for one myself, but i'm leaning towards a full leaf pack.

6. Jan 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Yeah I ain't to worried about it. I'm sure if it was that important, someone like chris4x4 would tell me.;)

Products Discussed in

To Top