1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ultra-Gauge Group Buy INTEREST

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by FXHO, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 12, 2014 at 6:03 PM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Call me crazy, but I keep playing with using a bicycle reflector mount and attaching it to the mirror mount.

2. Sep 12, 2014 at 7:11 PM
    ACEkraut

ACEkraut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Topsham, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road
    No pictures yet though Chicane has a pic on the previous page. I plan to put mine in front of the speedo attached to the steering column with a short aluminum L bracket and some Velcro. Fits great unless you have to have the tilt wheel all the way up.

3. Sep 12, 2014 at 7:14 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    Velcro...I want it more attached than that. I've got a plan, but it will have to wait until tomorrow; found beer.

4. Sep 12, 2014 at 7:19 PM
    Chicane

Chicane Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    So Cal(Huntington Beach)
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB TRD Sport
    The velcro actually secures it as much as any mount will. The light 6oz gauge won't be going anywhere.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  5. Sep 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM
    el tardo

el tardo Well-Known Member

Member:
    got mine all installed right above the left side of the rear view mirror with velcro. the ultraguage is so light the velcro will hold it fine.

picked my display options now just need to drive it to get my mpg going.

go to the ultraguage site and download the manual as it helps.

6. Sep 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    1bad10tacoma

1bad10tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Brewer Maine
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB Sport
    tonneau,tailgate lock, OEM cruise, Int. wiper, , mud flap mod,weatertech's,fj rims
    Mine was in mailbox when I got home tonight

7. Sep 12, 2014 at 9:57 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    How are you mounting it?

8. Sep 13, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    Chicane

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    So Cal(Huntington Beach)
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB TRD Sport
  9. Sep 13, 2014 at 6:01 AM
    ancient11

ancient11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    tallahassee
    Vehicle:
    2019 4 cyl srsx ac
    A section in the UG PDF download cautions about leaving the unit exposed to direct sunlight. Installed mine in the lower left windshield and monitored the UG internal temp during a 30 mile trip with outside temps at or near 95 and the unit never got above 82. Apparently its not a problem while driving but the dash can get too hot for a cactus to live.....just saying

10. Sep 13, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    ssilence

ssilence Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Pre-Runner
    Pop and Lock
    Therein lies my problem. My internal temp is consistently reading -62F

11. Sep 13, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    FXHO

FXHO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Miami,FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    So it shows my ultraguage was delivered but got home to find an empty mailbox,great. Let's hope it just comes in today

12. Sep 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM
    Darryle

Darryle It is just a truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Darryle
    Weatherford, Texas
    Mine was shown as being in San Antonio, but was delivered to me in Fort Worth. USPS stinks to high heaven and they wonder why they are going broke.

13. Sep 13, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I installed it above the mirror using the suction cup mount. I don't think that's the long-term answer, but it's there for now. Seems to be working fine.

Now that I've popped my cherry with respect to taking off that front pillar cover, the game has changed! I'm ready to install my overhead switch in the front glasses cover. I was always a little tentative about taking anything off, but that was WAY easy. I had no idea how much additional room for stuff was hiding in there.

14. Sep 13, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    james Daniel

james Daniel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD off road
    Got mine Friday 9/12/13

15. Sep 13, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    FXHO

FXHO [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Miami,FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    So still today no ultraguage. Looks like it vanished. Now to email ultraguage and see what I can do

16. Sep 13, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    Darryle

Darryle It is just a truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Darryle
    Weatherford, Texas
    Dang, the guy that did all the leg work is getting screwed over, that sucks!

I did get mine installed though, been playing with all the pages and setups, it's almost too much information. I just need to calibrate mileage and fill ups and then I'll be done with it.

17. Sep 14, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    ssilence

Member:
    Middle Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Pre-Runner
    Pop and Lock
    Here's a warning for everyone. Do not remove the small back cover. This is a small test panel. If you remove it, as I did, you risk shearing off the internal temp sensor, as I did.

18. Sep 14, 2014 at 7:51 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Why would you do that?

19. Sep 14, 2014 at 8:13 PM
    ssilence

Member:
    Middle Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Pre-Runner
    Pop and Lock
    Call it curiosity or call it my tinkering spirit being that I am a Computer Engineer that develops electronics systems. If I see something like that I wonder what is under it, be it a memory card, battery, or reprogramming port. There was no explanation or warning in the manual or sticker impeding the opening of it or providing a warning.

20. Sep 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    Chicane

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    So Cal(Huntington Beach)
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB TRD Sport
    I wondered if there was a battery under there myself, but I didn't remove it, thankfully. Will they exchange it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top