1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UltraGauge - Initial Observations

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by RZRob, Dec 29, 2010.

1. AG87BlkLX

AG87BlkLX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Greenbrier, TN
    I felt the same way about GPS’s at first. I’ve traveled to just about every state in the US with my job and always used Maps and Map Quest before GPS units came out. I still stayed away form them for awhile because I felt like it was a waist of money and I could use Map Quest to guide me from the airport to the job site and back.

My little boy started playing baseball and turned out he is pretty good so we started traveling to different places for baseball. That’s when I decided to buy a GPS and I love it. The first time I used the GPS was when we had a State Tournament in Chattanooga, TN. My Mom went with us and woke up with an abscessed tooth. She called her dentist and he called in a prescription to Walgreens. I had no idea where Walgreens was but a couple of pushes on the GPS and I was on my way to Walgreens. I always put my Hotel in the GPS so I can pick it and return back to the Hotel. I use it to find restaurants and really almost anything I need. We even use it to find a place to eat while driving. Just decide where you want to eat and pick it on the GPS and it will show you where the closest place is.

This year we ended up in North Carolina playing in a 7/8 year old Regional Tournament and the GPS was worth the cost again. On the way one of the parents following me realized he need to go to his Bank Branch to handle some finances after one of his employees called him. Couple of pushes on the GPS and we found his bank branch. We exited the interstate and drove through some town to his bank. This would have been difficult without the GPS and calling a local and getting directions isn’t always very helpful.

I know on one baseball trip before the GPS someone knew a restaurant they wanted to eat at so everybody follows them because no one else knew where it was…45 minutes later we end up at the restaurant…it was only 15 minutes for the ball field.

Does the GPS always work…No but it is a very useful tool.

2. rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Grillcraft mx black upper and lower BHLM with Gloss black 265 70 17 bfg a/t center console light mini mag mounted in center console debadged bed lights 35W 5000k HID's

Haha nice!

3. rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Grillcraft mx black upper and lower BHLM with Gloss black 265 70 17 bfg a/t center console light mini mag mounted in center console debadged bed lights 35W 5000k HID's

good stuff, they sure are usefull when in unfamiliar places!

4. Gincoma

Gincoma Special Edition Member

Member:
    NV
    Vehicle:
    RIPieces 2005 Tacoma, adios 2011 :'(
    Bone Stock!
    I like it...good purchase. Some ppl might say its a waste of money but its your money. Do we really need new exhaust systems, bigger tires, 3in lifts and other cosmetics to make our truck different from others? So were all wasting money? NOT... we spend money on what curbs our desires :thumbsup:

5. romafern

romafern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    stock and very pissed about the issues
    Machine gun mount. Would love to blow the shit out of it since it has nothing but issues. QA at Toyota USA is shit. Start making them in Japan for Christ's Sake!
    I kind of like it but that blue has to go. I also want it to be wireless or be able to disconnect the cable from the back.

I am thinking of getting a RAM mount for a laptop and install it along with a Macbook pro. I wonder how many people would think I am a cop:D

I think I will have more options with a laptop and I can run all sorts of crap on my Mac. Yes, I like electronics, but this gauge does not tickle me like many of you in here.

6. surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah

I agree...........got mine yesterday . I have a question tho. You are able to turn off the check engine light with this unit. I will turn mine off and when I exit the page to go back to the main screen it comes right back on. Is this normal?

7. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box

If it comes back on then you still have the problem.

8. surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I kind of figured that. I thought it might have been a feature that let you turn it off still knowing you had a previous problem and then come on again if a different code showed up. Thanks. Now I have to pick up a couple of o2 sensors.

9. wtbthree

wtbthree Give 'er

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    SC'ed 2010 DC
    3" Revtek lift, 17" FJ rims, 285 BFG KO's, sunroof, TRD piping, Wickedflow muffler, Avid step rails TRD supercharger,
    YEP exactly right...to most people, what color the badges on my truck are, or that a satoshi mod looks different from stck... DOES NOT matter in the slightest, or paying 1500 $ for a suspension lift would seem insane.... for the most part, no-one cares, thats the truth, lol
    Why buy an Ultragauge? because you can......I'm not gonna tho, lol

10. kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    Just saw this... It seems all of you guys like it. I am seriously thinking of getting one now. Thats what bugs me the most about my truck is I drove a 09 chevy and had all the monitors and my yota has none. Does it seem like its truly accurate or does it just average numbers based on the calibration info? Hell for $60 I guess it doesn't really make a difference for the decision to purchase. I would like to know though.

11. RZRob

RZRob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Anaheim Hills
    Considering the stock speedo is off, that's probably not a bad idea. Can you still get to the back of it? I ended up mounting mine above my rear view mirror. Basically I Velcro'd a plastic stick to the back of the mirror, then Velcro'd the UltraGauge to it. I finished the calibration today too because I run 285s over the stock 265s. I zero'd the trip meter then after a 20+ mile trip I did the math on the difference and entered that new number.

RZ Rob

12. Jimsc

Jimsc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Double Cab
    Aries Nerf Bars, Cargo Seperator
    Rich "STEP OFF DUDE" I don't like your front bumper either, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't have it. Let the guy have his toy's and enjoy!

13. wired_af

wired_af Clever white boy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    '07 DC TRD Sport S/C ♥
    TRD Supercharger · AFE intake · Bilstein 5100s · Progressive add-a-leaf
    Does the intake manifold pressure feature work on Tacomas?

14. whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    There is no intake manifold pressure. That only occurs with forced induction.

15. RTG

RTG Well-Known Member

Member:
    League City, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport SRR5, Long Bed
    6" Fabtech Dirt Logic, PA15-TOY IPOD adapter, UltraGauge, CravenSpeed 2" antena, 17x9 Moto Metal Wheels, 35sx12.5 Yokohama Geolander M/T tires, Removed second filter, Pop&Lock, Bed Extender, Bug Deflector, Grill Craft, Two 12" Rockford Fosgate punch sub enclosure, Kicker Amp, 5902 Viper Remote start, Tint (20% all around), Power Slot Rotor, NFAB Step Bars, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, Wet Okole seat covers, akebono brake pads, Foglights Mod,Bushwacker fender flares,Homeblaster trainhorn.
    Can UG detect or read speed sensor codes (ABS)?

16. whippersnapper02

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    If it is a specific ABS code it won't read it. If the code is a standard OBD2 code then it will read it.

17. Rodallg

Rodallg Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Now if could get one....... Web site states 0 stock....

18. RTG

RTG Well-Known Member

Member:
    League City, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport SRR5, Long Bed
    6" Fabtech Dirt Logic, PA15-TOY IPOD adapter, UltraGauge, CravenSpeed 2" antena, 17x9 Moto Metal Wheels, 35sx12.5 Yokohama Geolander M/T tires, Removed second filter, Pop&Lock, Bed Extender, Bug Deflector, Grill Craft, Two 12" Rockford Fosgate punch sub enclosure, Kicker Amp, 5902 Viper Remote start, Tint (20% all around), Power Slot Rotor, NFAB Step Bars, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, Wet Okole seat covers, akebono brake pads, Foglights Mod,Bushwacker fender flares,Homeblaster trainhorn.
    Thanks buddy..I asked 'cause i have one already, and i have the abs light on since last week and the UG haven't detected anything yet....the only mod that i did recently(month ago) was the all the time fog lights mod...so, i guess i gonna have to visit the stealership.... [​IMG]

To Top