1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ultragauge problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SR5tacoma, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Apr 16, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    SR5tacoma

SR5tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    i keep getting the error "no fuel system detected when i try to do anything with fuel. anyone else run into this?

2. Apr 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    SR5tacoma

Member:
    I tried that but anything i click in the fuel menu just gives me the "no fuel system detected" do tacomas not have a fuel system in the obdi-II or is am i missing something and i'll have to keep track(and refress) of the fuel level myself?

that was one of the main reasons i got this thing to monitor my MPG and fuel levels

3. Apr 16, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    SR5tacoma

Member:
    damnit. alright i'll give that a shot.

4. Apr 16, 2012 at 4:24 PM
    SR5tacoma

Member:
    so about calibrating the distance i've drivin about 5 miles and it keeps saying can't calibrate no distance driven...whats that about?

5. Apr 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

Member:
    michigander
    Vehicle:
    07 AC SR5 2.7 5MT 4x4
    tonneau
    That distance thing sounds like one of the UG's bugs. If you are in a menu, it won't record any data. I'm guessing you drove while on the calibration screen in the menu. Make sure you're on a gauge page. Also a good reason to not set it up when the truck is idling.

As for fuel level, the UG can't see it so you get to manually set tank as full when you fuel up. It's not hard, just hold the top button down for 5 seconds when you're not in the menu to reset to full. I was spoiled in my Honda... start the car after filling up, wait 10 seconds, BEEEEEEEEEEEP - tank full 10.8 gallons.

It's really not that big of an inconvenience when calculating fuel remaining. Since it calculates using the MAF sensor it's darned close once it's calibrated and far closer than the fuel sender could ever hope to be.

To Top